On Thursday, two armed drug smugglers were killed in a clash with an army ranger patrol along the Thai-Myanmar border in Chiang Rai.
At 7.15 p.m., the army's Pha Muang Force reported seeing five to seven armed men with backpacks walking through a forest near Ban Huai Kra in Mae Fa Luang district.
The army officers ordered the men to stop for a search, but they refused and began shooting, prompting the soldiers to fire back. The gunfight that ensued lasted about five minutes before the gang fled.
There were no injuries among the soldiers. Officers took a defensive position in the area because it was getting dark after sunset.
Officers inspected the scene on Friday and discovered the bodies of two of the smugglers who had been fatally shot. Near the bodies, soldiers discovered two AK-47 assault rifles and two batches of 4,000 speed pills.
They assumed the pair had been the first line of defence for the drug caravan. According to a source, teams have been deployed to find the remaining gang members.
- GOP rep. says mass shootings from arrows could happen if guns are banned
- Joe Turkel dead: The Shining and Blade Runner actor dies 'peacefully' aged 94
- The Shining and Blade Runner star Joe Turkel dies aged 94
- Indian groom accidentally shoots his friend dead at wedding in tragedy caught on video
- Joe Turkel, Bartender in the ‘The Shining’ and ‘Blade Runner’ Actor, Dies at 94
- Bodies of priests, tour guide found 2 days after they were killed inside church; Mexican authorities offer record $250,000 reward
- Palestinians hand bullet that killed Al Jazeera journalist Shireen Abu Akleh to US
- Puffy-faced Putin sparks health worries as he struggles to stay awake in army meeting
- 2 Chinese charged with attempted murder after making a f-arse of extortion attempt
- Soggy pizza and long hours of waiting – 4 years since the Tham Luang cave rescue
- American Special Ops Forces Are Everywhere
- The Price of Protecting Rhinos
- Joe Turkel Dies: Actor Who Played Lloyd The Bartender In ‘The Shining’ Was 94
- Channing Tatum’s Himbos, Ranked
- Review: An Irish hitman juggles murder with parenthood
- New York Emmy Nominations: News 12 Dominates Field; Telemundo & Univision Outlets Top All Others
- Ernest Hemingway: Bourdon Gauge of Morale
- Can DNA Evidence Solve a 30-Year-Old Crime?
- The Lawyer Whose Clients Didn’t Exist
- Tucker Carlson: The real reason mobs across the country are tearing down American monuments
Army Rangers Shoot and Kill 2 Drug Runners in Chiang Rai have 380 words, post on www.chiangraitimes.com at February 4, 2023. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.