TCE is one of Europe's leading producers of sodium carbonate, salt and sodium bicarbonate (Representative image)
Tata Chemicals Europe (TCE) and Vertex Hydrogen have signed an offtake agreement for the supply of over 200 megawatts of low carbon hydrogen, according to a press release on January 26.
Under the new pact, Vertex will supply TCE with hydrogen as the chemicals manufacturer continues to decarbonise its operations in the UK with a target of achieving "net zero" manufacturing by 2030.
"We have been supporters of Vertex and the low carbon hydrogen segment as a real opportunity to further reduce emissions at our world class CHP facility,” TCE Managing Director Martin Ashcroft said.
Also Read | Essar Oil UK inks offtake deal with Vertex Hydrogen
Vertex Chief Executive Officer Joe Seifert said the company is “thrilled to sign these heads of terms with Tata Chemicals Europe, as an industry leader driving tangible change to reduce emissions”.
“This agreement marks another major step forward in the North West's energy transition, as Vertex continues to help build the UK's low carbon energy future,” Seifert added.
TCE is one of Europe's leading producers of sodium carbonate, salt, sodium bicarbonate and other products used in the manufacture of food and animal feed, glass, detergents, chemicals and several other industry applications.
In June 2022, Tata opened the UK's first industrial scale carbon capture and usage plant. The £20 million investment captures 40,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide each year – the equivalent to taking over 20,000 cars off the road.
- Green energy POLL: Should Britain ditch electric switch and wait for hydrogen revolution?
- Brexit triumph as new stunning hydrogen gigafactory unveiled in 'huge milestone' for UK
- Steel realisation to improve, additional royalty burden will be largely solved in Q3: Tata Steel
- Green hydrogen production cost three times costlier than grey
- Green hydrogen production cost three times costlier than grey: Somesh Kumar and Shuboday Ganta - EY India
- Europe's gas firms prime pipelines for hydrogen highway
- Steel prices will remain volatile but uptrend to continue: Tata Steel MD
- Jim Ratcliffe snubs Britain in €2bn green hydrogen scheme
- Sturgeon floats hydrogen exports in bid to power Scottish independence
- Climate Crisis: Sky News presenter Adam Boulton tries out hydrogen-powered digger and two-seater car
- [CHANGING WORLD] Hydrogen is the fuel of the future, other than a few small hitches
- A Hydrogen Breakthrough That Works Like ‘A Coal Mine In Reverse’
- Charting the growth of the hydrogen economy in Malaysia
- Tata Power, IIT Delhi to collaborate in renewable energy space
- Sturgeon 'taking action' to forge green ties with Europe to buy Scotland independence
- Introduce carbon tax to make steelmakers more green, says SSAB boss
- This Hydrogen Stock Is A Better Bet Compared To FuelCell Energy
- Climate change: Irish government lays out Climate Action Plan
- Sparks fly as levelling up and going green collide at JLR owner’s steel plant
- Why Plug Power Stock Jumped Then Slumped on Tuesday
Tata Chemicals Europe inks pact with Vertex for low carbon hydrogen supply have 475 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at January 26, 2023. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.