(CTN News) – Police have recovered another 70 automobiles from accused members of a large car theft ring who preyed on owners who had given their vehicles as collateral for loans.
According to CIB commissioner Pol Lt Gen Jirabhop Bhuridej, police from the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) have removed 70 additional automobiles from a parking lot in the province of Nonthaburi.
According to him , the seizure happened when the car park manager asked the CIB to investigate several allegedly parked automobiles in his venue by Car Theft gang members.
According to him, 39 confiscated vehicles were discovered to constitute relevant evidence in Car theft instances reported by victims.
Police detained many people who belonged to the "Jae Ploy Chon Buri" gang in November last year.
The accused had published internet adverts enticing individuals to lend money to them for car loans. The gang received the automobiles, refused to give them back to their owners, and sold them again.
In a raid on the big car theft gang on November 26 last year, the CIB police captured 64 cars in Nonthaburi after expanding their investigation, which resulted in searches at seven different sites.
According to the CIB commissioner, 56 of the 64 automobiles that were confiscated were deemed to constitute evidence in instances that gang victims had reported to the police.
With 509 victims and 511 automobiles seized by the gang and its network of members, police kept taking additional vehicles back from the group.
The CIB returned the recovered automobiles to their owners after the media event.
Related CTN News:
Thailand Cabinet has Approved a Draft Emergency decree Meant to Combat Online Fraud
Zipmex Says Economic Recession Could Delay Digital Assets' Recovery Until 2025
- Three Finks bikies charged as police seize drugs, taser in western Sydney raids
- Mumbai Police To Return 34,000 Seized Vehicles Back To Respective Owners: Here Are The Details
- Security camera captures moment 'Jalisco cartel' gunmen ambush Mexico City's police chief with sniper rifles and grenades leaving two cops dead in city's most upmarket neighborhood
- Entire police station under scanner over Kanpur ambush; 68 personnel shunted out
- Hundreds arrested after police infiltrate secret criminal phone network
- Vikas Dubey’s aide held; search on for informers in police
- Police 'missed chance to save Jaden Moodie': Teenager, 14, who was killed in drug turf war 'was found in crack den three months earlier but no action was taken to safeguard him'
- Delhi cop dies after being hit by speeding car near United States embassy
- Boy racers gather for first car meet since lockdown as crowds gather and social distancing is forgotten while police look on
- Police reveal haul from Britain's biggest-EVER crime bust after cracking gangsters' 'enigma code' and gaining access to shadowy Dutch firm's encrypted phones used for 'worry-free chats' about murder, guns and drugs
- Britain's biggest ever crime bust: 'The Wire'-style sting foils 200 gangland murders, seizes £54million in cash and two tonnes of drugs after police smash 'impenetrable' secret phone network used by 'Mr Bigs' across the world
- Teen who stole two police cars while handcuffed pleads guilty
- They envisioned a world without police. Inside Seattle's CHOP zone, protesters struggled to make it real
- Mumbai police start process of returning 34,000 vehicles seized in four days
- Police review if Madeleine McCann suspect linked to murder of girl, 11, set on fire
- Police say CHP killed Oakland man who rammed their vehicles; neighbors dispute that version
- Meanwhile in Leicester... Police on patrol at stations as locked-down residents are told not to leave Covid-hit city which remains a ghost town on Super Saturday
- Dollar General is cheap, popular and spreading across America. It's also a robbery magnet, police say
- 2 drivers docked for alleged assault, theft of phones
- Tit-for-tat FIRs, NoBroker and MyGate slug it out over ‘data theft’
Police have Seized Another 70 Cars from Alleged Members of a Major Car Theft Gang have 610 words, post on www.chiangraitimes.com at January 28, 2023. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.