GMA Network has joined the global Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE) group in a bid to strengthen its initiatives against digital piracy, which costs the creative economy substantially in terms of forgone revenues.
In a statement on Tuesday, the media group said it recently inked the partnership with the antipiracy coalition which currently has more than 50 global members, with GMA being the first from the Philippines.
"Piracy continues to be one of the biggest problems in the entertainment industry globally," GMA Network chair and CEO Felipe Gozon said.
He stressed that "the duplication and illegal distribution of movies, 'teleseryes,' music and other materials invalidate the hard work of those behind it."
"GMA Network, through various initiatives on different platforms, is consistently taking the necessary steps to combat the illegal distribution of our shows, movies, music and other materials," he added.
ACE head Jan van Voorn, meanwhile, said they were looking forward to working with GMA in addressing piracy and protecting content creators.
"ACE is building a strong global network of media companies and partners who are working together to eradicate the serious threat piracy poses to the creative economy," he added.
Recently, GMA and rival ABS-CBN Corp. announced their partnership to coproduce a television series eyed to be launched this year. The romantic-drama series will air on GMA and stream in 15 international territories via Viu video streaming.
GMA Ventures also teamed up with US-based venture capital firm Wavemaker 360.
—Tyrone Jasper C. Piad INQ
The business headlines in under one minute
- Facebook India hires ex-Ola COO as head for global biz group
- Srikrishna Swaminathan, formerly VP at InMobi joins Globale Media as Strategic Advisor on Board
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella to lead global CEO group
- Fast-track groups facilitating stronger economic activities
- Highland Film Group Launches The Avenue Entertainment Distribution Division, JJ Caruth Set As President Of Domestic Marketing & Distribution
- Vice Media Names Ogilvy & Mather Vet Nadja Bellan-White To Newly Created Global CMO Post
- Lawmakers, Telecom Operators Warn Trump Administration Against Nationalized 5G Network
- Renault Expands Dealer Network Across India: Crosses 475 Service Touchpoints
- Reprise launches global e-commerce unit
- Open Invention Network open-source, non-aggression patents now covers Android and exFAT.
- Hancom Group to acquire space-drone company InSpace
- China unveils global data security initiative, says some countries bullying others
- EXCLUSIVE-Vaccine group says 76 rich countries now committed to "COVAX" access plan
- Crown Media Family Networks Appoints Annie Howell As Chief Communications Officer
- Volvo Cars partners with Plugsurfing for EV charging network
- Alibaba Group unveils plans for 11.11 Global Shopping Festival
- HCMC to host 3rd Global Young Vietnamese Intellectual Forum
- A closer look at One Mount Group and the vision to build Vietnam's largest digital ecosystem
- Afghan Vice President Amrullah Saleh targeted in Kabul, Haqqani network is prime suspect
- AGS Transact Technologies partners with Global-India Insurance Brokers to provide instant motor insurance
GMA Network joins global antipiracy group have 458 words, post on business.inquirer.net at January 25, 2023. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.