Users filled the popular subreddit devoted to rapper Kanye West with posts dedicated to commemorating the Holocaust shortly after West went on another violently antisemitic rant, showing that even many of West's most devoted fans have turned their back on him after his latest praise for the Nazi party that oversaw the murder of six million Jews.
West said in an interview Thursday he likes Nazis and Adolf Hitler and then tweeted a bizarre image of a swastika within a Star of David, his most vicious bout of antisemitism to-date, which earned West a Twitter ban for inciting violence against Jews.
Numerous Holocaust education posts subsequently soared to the top of the r/Kanye subreddit, with a post calling for the conversion of the forum to a "Holocaust remembrance sub" receiving more than 5,000 upvotes, an infographic on Holocaust awareness receiving 10,000 upvotes, and several other posts dedicated to telling stories of victims ranking among the top posts.
Also flooding the subreddit were posts praising West's long-time adversary Taylor Swift, with a photo of Swift captioned, "This is now a Taylor Swift Subreddit. We had a good run fellas," becoming one of the community's most popular posts ever a day after it was uploaded.
West is one of the most popular and most decorated musical artists of all-time, and his subreddit is no different, with 712,000 members, making it the 320th most popular community on Reddit For reference, the subreddits devoted to the rapper Drake and Swift have about 450,000 users combined. No stranger to controversy throughout his career, West began to publicly target Jews in October and has refused to apologize for his offensive comments. West has instead doubled down, associating himself with fringe-right figures like Nick Fuentes and Milo Yiannopoulos, losing all of his major brand deals and much of his fortune in the process.
Jews are the target of more than 8% of all hate crimes in the U.S., according to the most recent FBI data, despite accounting for about 2% of the country's population.
"Ye is a vicious antisemite. His comments today on InfoWars are not just vile and offensive: they put Jews in danger," Jonathan Greenblatt, CEO of the Anti-Defamation League, tweeted Thursday.
- Kanye is doing God’s work in the case of the Cowboy State
- Kim Kardashian: Kanye Likes Trump, But Not Trump’s Politics
- At Least 11 Dead, 3,700 Tourists Flee Amid Disastrous Floods in Jordan (VIDEO)
- English language teaching educators must be protected
- ‘Propaganda’? Holocaust historian sues group that took aim at his ‘anti-Poland’ research
- When Taylor, Kanye and the Celeberati get political, brain cells suffer
- 'RIP coach': Tributes flood in to basketball leader Tony Hanson
- Flash flood watch remains in effect through tonight
- 7 killed by floods in Jordan, Petra tourists evacuated
- 8 killed by floods in Jordan, Petra tourists evacuated
- 11 killed by floods in Jordan, Petra tourists evacuated
- Former Lib Dem peer faces calls to be removed from Lords over 'antisemitic' Pittsburgh post
- Flash flood in Jordan kills 11 and forces tourist evacuation of Petra
- Council reveals Orchard School plans
- Rabbi thanks First Minister for Scotland’s role in saving his family
- Why journalists should be haunted by history
- Orchard Park dinner of 33 years shares her memories of school
- Armistice 100: How the truce was welcomed back home on November 11, 1918
- The devastating video the parents of a bullied girl want everyone to see
- What happens when you bully an 11-year-old girl
Kanye Subreddit Flooded With Holocaust Education Posts have 628 words, post on www.forbes.com at December 2, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.