(Nov 29): Marriages in Malaysia rebounded in 2021 as divorces fell further, indicating that Malaysian couples may be more hesitant about separating after the coronavirus pandemic.
A total of 214,943 marriages were registered last year, a 15% increase compared to 186,297 in 2020 when marriage plans were disrupted by the pandemic, according to the Malaysian Department of Statistics. The total number of divorces fell 7.1% to 43,934.
Non-Muslim marriages declined 4.7%, with the number of inter-ethnic marriages increasing 11.7%, making up almost 8% of total marriages. Muslim divorces dropped 16.4%.
Malaysia joined Australia and Singapore in the increasing trend of marriage rate last year, as brides increased to 47.4 per thousand from 44.6, with grooms rising to 45.8 per thousand.
- Marriage Problem - Is Divorce the Best Option?
- How to Recognize Some of the Causes For Divorce
- More Studies Show Divorce Hurts Kids' Education
- The Cost For a Divorce - Is Cheap Divorce Possible?
- Marriage - Caring Enough to Listen - Communication - Part I
- Techniques to Prevent Celebrity Marriage Breakups
- With Military Divorces on the Rise, Members of Armed Forces Must Know Their Legal Rights
- Divorce Rate is at Its Lowest Level Since 1970
- Marriage - Happy, Holy Or Horrible?
- Divorce - Falling Off the Property Ladder
- How to Stop a Divorce - 3 Amazing Tips to Put Your Relationship Back on Track
- Common Causes That Make Divorce Rates Increase
- Eye Opening Marriage Statistics
- Children of Divorce - The Shocking Statistics
- Divorce in Thailand
- Divorce and Its Effects on Families
- Should I Just End My Marriage - How to Strengthen Love and Avoid Divorce
- Dealing With Divorce - Avoid Divorce and Fix Your Marital Problems Instantly
- Divorce Counseling - Is it Right For You?
- Divorce Recovery - Acceptance of What Was and What Is
Malaysian marriages rise after pandemic in 2021 as divorces drop have 266 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at November 29, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.