Al Khor, Qatar ● Tue, November 29 2022
Any job is easier when you use the right tools, and on Sunday a bruised Germany bounced off the World Cup ropes to come from behind in its Group E match with Spain to earn a priceless 1-1 draw and boost its chances of reaching the knockout phase.
An opening match defeat by Japan had hardly augured well for this clash in the Al Bayt Stadium.
Spain’s 6-0 rout of the Germans the last time they met added to the apprehension. And the grim backdrop of dissatisfied sponsors, and many Germans back home wishing their team had not even come to Qatar because of the host nation's human rights record, can have done little to boost German morale.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- India end Cologne Boxing World Cup campaign with 9 medals including 3 gold
- Messi in squad for Argentina's World Cup qualifiers
- BREAKING NEWS: Russia banned from Tokyo Olympics and Qatar World Cup as CAS announces suspension
- Skeleton slider hits wayward broom in World Cup run
- Qatar 2022: Africa’s best chance to shine at World Cup — Eto’o
- Geiger wins back-to-back Nordic Combined World Cup titles
- Women's cricket roars back after COVID-19 stalls T20 World Cup momentum to set up stellar 2021/22
- PIX: Qatar unveils fourth 2022 World Cup stadium
- American Tommy Ford grabs Alpine skiing World Cup runner-up
- Swiss skier Mauro Caviezel gets first Alpine World Cup win at age 32
- Vlhova's fifth podium finish in five Alpine skiing World Cup races
- American Rosie Brennan notches first cross-country skiing World Cup win
- Bayern Munich's Jeong Woo-yeong to Miss U-20 World Cup for Korea
- Geiger takes Nordic Combined World Cup victory at Ramsau
- Year in Review: Qatar 2022 well on track
- Year in Review: A tumultuous year for the sporting world
- World indoor track and field championships postponed again
- India unveils vision for an AFC Asian Cup 2027 that takes football to new heights
- Russia’s national ban from Olympics, world championships now two years
- PDC World Darts Championship, 2020-21: Gerwyn Price beats Jamie Lewis in last-set decider
Germans go back to basics to get back on track at World Cup have 381 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at November 29, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.