(CTN News) _ According to a United Airlines spokesperson, the carrier is reducing a dozen routes from its network in part due to reduced demand.
United Airlines is cutting four routes from each of the two air hubs, as first reported by The Points Guy.
United Airlines is removing the following 12 routes from its schedule:
- Colorado Springs International Airport (COS) to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Dane County Regional Airport (Madison, Wisconsin) to LAX
- Eugene Airport (Oregon) to LAX
- Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport (Oregon) – LAX
- The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is connected to the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW)
- From SFO to Lambert International Airport in St. Louis
Will Rogers World Airport (Oklahoma City) to SFO
Dane County Regional Airport to SFO
Santa Barbara Airport (California) to Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
Eugene Airport to ORD
A flight from Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport to Edmonton's International Airport (Alberta, Canada).
Northwest Arkansas National Airport to Newark Liberty International Airport (New Jersey)
In the summer of 2021, United CEO Scott Kirby said on "Axios on HBO" that "the military produces far fewer pilots today than it did during the Cold War."
The Hill reported at the time that he hinted at staffing issues.
As a result of too few pilots, Kirby told investors the airline industry could suffer for years.
According to NewsNation, "The pilot shortage is real, and most airlines will be unable to meet their capacity plans since there aren't enough pilots, at least for the next five years."
- Southwest, United Airlines cut thousands of spring flights over gas prices, staffing issues
- United Airlines suspends flights from India post Russia flight ban
- Routes: Airlines face global route chaos; Hawaii ends COVID entry restrictions
- United Airlines to boost hourly pay for select Denver workers to almost $20
- United Airlines Jumps Starting Pay At Denver International Airport For Ramp Workers In Effort To Fill Void
- Prices rise across major hubs on higher demand for rice
- U.S. Will Cut 12,000 Forces in Germany
- Why there's a delay in price hikes for airline travel out of SFO even as gas prices soar in the Bay Area
- Battle Of The Billionaires: Trump Criticizes Warren Buffett For Dumping Airline Stocks
- Will US Airlines Like United, American And Delta Lose Market Share After Coronavirus?
- Five Ways Russia’s Ukraine Invasion Will Affect Airlines Worldwide
- Airlines use hedging, fuel surcharges to offset some pain as oil surges
- The Best Time to Use Your Airline Miles? Now.
- Airlines Fight California Law That Expands Breaks For Employees
- War in Ukraine: Belgium Closes Airspace to Russian Airlines in Show of Unity
- Not overflying Russia: United suspends Delhi-SFO & Mumbai-Newark nonstops - Times of India
- American Airlines Exec Rejects Bankruptcy Speculation: ‘Take That One Off The List’
- United No Longer Requests That You Open Window Shades for Takeoff and Landing, But You Still Should
- Unite 'could break historic link with Labour' as rift with Keir Starmer deepens
- Routes: TSA extends mask rule, Breeze blows into SFO, Hawaiian adds Bay Area flights
United Airlines Is Cutting 12 Routes From Several Major Hubs have 577 words, post on www.chiangraitimes.com at October 2, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.