KUALA SELANGOR (Oct 6): The Sultan of Selangor, Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, on Thursday expressed his disappointment over outrageous comments among netizens on social media of late which included slander and spitefulness.
Sultan Sharafuddin said it was even more disappointing when the insulting words were supported by other netizens without due diligence and if not curbed and dealt with wisely, this trend could damage the thinking of the community, especially the younger generation.
“Of late, issues such as slander and fake news that are becoming more prevalent have caused tension among certain groups in our society.
“I don’t want problems like this to continue to spread, so much so that it can affect the harmony of the people and the strength of unity in the long term,” he said during the inauguration ceremony of the Raja Lumu Royal Mosque here on Thursday.
In the meantime, the Sultan of Selangor also stressed that unity among Malays was very important and needed to be preserved for the sake of the next generation because a divided nation will only bring destruction to the country.
The Sultan called on all Malays to continue to close ranks, unite, forget all disputes and disagreements and start thinking about rising again to become a strong, dignified and purposeful community, for the sake of religion, nation and country.
“I want all my subjects to be able to live in my state in comfort, unity, harmony and enjoy the wealth of the state fairly and equitably,” he said.
On the launch of the mosque, the Sultan said he named the mosque in conjunction with Raja Lumu, who was also the first Sultan of Selangor known as Sultan Salehuddin Shah, who ruled from 1766 to 1782.
“This is very apt because according to historical records, Raja Lumu was installed as the Sultan of Selangor in Kuala Selangor and resided on Bukit Malawati which used to be known as Bukit Selangor,” he said.
His Royal Highness also hoped that the presence of a new mosque with interesting architecture would attract more people to gather in worship, as well as for domestic and foreign tourists to go to Kuala Selangor.
- 'I am fine': Britney Spears reassures fans she is the 'happiest' she's ever been after being silent on social media for 13 days
- Shikha Talsania On How She Deals With Social Media Toxicity: I Don’t Let The Negativity Bog Me Down
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Demands Social Media Giants Censor Conservative Celebrities and Non-Woke Liberal Stars
- Free Speech Victory: Judges Rule Social Media Users Have Right to Offend
- Model Elyse Knowles makes global news after social media superstar The Fat Jewish ponders how she managed to misspell popular French term
- Flowers make Athiya Shetty happy, ‘lover boy’ KL Rahul makes her wish come true. See cute social media exchange
- Cavani charged by FA over social media post
- Britain to Introduce New Laws Over 'Harmful' Social Media Content
- Manipulated videos of Nancy Pelosi edited to falsely depict her as drunk spread on social media
- Edinson Cavani charged by FA over social media post
- Eddie McGuire under fire for comments about AFL writer Caroline Wilson
- Condemn the Selective Outrage of Virtue-Signaling Progressives | Opinion
- 'You keyboard warriors forget you'll get slapped!' Furious Aston Merrygold hits back at troll after they leave racist comment under his fiancée's family snap
- People like these should be ignored: Sumalatha Ambareesh on Vijaya Rangaraju's comments
- Vijay Rangaraju’s Comments On Dr Vishnuvardhan Spark Outrage; Puneeth Rajkumar, Sudeep & Others Demand Apology
- 'No judge has the courage': Trump says he is 'so disappointed' in the Supreme Court after they refuse to hear Texas AG's bid to overturn Biden's election victory - as Twitter temporarily stops users from liking president's posts
- 'Aggrieved' Katie Price is accused of breaking social-distancing rules AGAIN after holding mask-free, indoor meeting with a fashion designer
- Self-regulation in social, traditional media needed: Vice President
- Katie Price insists she didn't flout social-distancing rules after being called out by her angry followers for Instagram post
- Zayn Malik's family fail to follow social distancing rules in new footage from his sister's wedding... after it was revealed POLICE broke up the 40-guest reception
Selangor Sultan expresses disappointment over outrageous comments on social media have 671 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at October 7, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.