A popular waterfall for tourists in Chiang Mai has closed due to flooding, the National News Bureau of Thailand reported on Monday. The waterfall is located in Doi Inthanon National Park.
Floodwaters have also strongly damaged several stores in the Chom Thong district , according to park officials. Locals from the nearby Khun Khun Klang village were seen moving their belongings to higher ground, fearing that the Mae Klang canal would overflow.
This news comes after a national park in central Thailand was last month forced to close five of its waterfalls due to floods. Khao Yai National Park announced the closure in a Facebook post.
Khao Yai's largest waterfall, Haew Narok waterfall, will be closed until September 30. Meanwhile, four other waterfalls will be closed until further notice. These are Nang Rong Waterfall, Sarika Waterfall, Haew Su Wat Waterfall and Takhro Waterfall.
Meanwhile, northeast Thailand is bracing for Typhoon Noru. The typhoon is expected to be downgraded to a tropical storm before making landfall in the kingdom. The storm is expected to hit by Thursday, after moving across Laos and into Ubon Ratchathani and Amnat Charoen tomorrow evening.
As Noru is expected to reach Bangkok, City Hall announced it has set up a monitoring centre to issue alerts, and coordinate efforts to handle emergencies. Residents in Min Buri, Nong Chok and Lat Krabang were told to prepare for flooding as the water discharges from Psak Jolasid Dam in Lop Buri could be excessive.
SOURCE : National News Bureau of Thailand
- Win a 3-night beachfront stay at Four Points by Sheraton Phuket by taking a short Thaiger Survey HERE!
- Chiang Mai protestors send Prayut a message, despite thousands of police
- Flash flood warning issued for 22 provinces of Thailand
- Hiker shows "dangerous" flash flood that left group stranded on trail
- Crocodile forces closure of popular Top End swimming hole
- US Embassy closes after NY carnage
- Is it safe to travel to Venice amid historic flooding in the city?
- Venice flooding sees more than 85 percent of city underwater as right-wing mayor blames climate change
- Greg’s Kitchen In Manayunk Reopens After 10 Months Since Flooding From Ida
- Yellowstone flooding rebuild could take years and cost billions of dollars
- Kumbhavurutty waterfalls in Kollam to welcome visitors after a gap of five years
- As Congressional delegation tours Yosemite, dwindling waterfalls and other climate problems are on sharp display
- Climate change is sapping Yosemite’s forests and waterfalls. A congressional delegation wants to do something about it
- Capitol Reef National Park hikers in Utah describe flash flooding, escape: 'The road's gone'
- Biting crocodile traps swimmers at Northern Territory waterfall
- Will army's flood relief operations win over Kashmiri hearts?
- Parts Of Yellowstone National Park Reopen Days After Historic Flooding
- Yellowstone Floods: 10 Photos Show Park Ravaged By Floodwaters
- Horrifying moment toxic gas floods port killing 12 after crane dropped tank
- Nearly million-dollar 4-room HDB flats: Which are getting close?
- Thailand tourism looking up, predictions of 1.5 million per month
Popular Chiang Mai waterfall closed due to flooding have 486 words, post on thethaiger.com at September 28, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.