KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 15): Top Glove Corp Bhd Executive Chairman Tan Sri Dr Lim Wee Chai has bought two blocks of 2.8 million shares in the rubber glove company for RM2.31 million.
According to its filing with Bursa Malaysia on Monday (Aug 15), Lim acquired 1.3 million shares last Friday (Aug 12) for 85.592 sen per share, and another 1.5 million shares on Monday for 79.5 sen per share.
This increased his direct stake to 27.627% from 27.592% on July 15. On top of that, he holds an 8.495% indirect stake in the company.
The share prices of rubber glove manufacturers, including Top Glove, have been on a declining trend as the positive effects of the Covid-19 pandemic on glove demand are easing.
Top Glove, which has lost 66.74% year to date, settled 7.02% or six sen lower to 79.5 sen on Monday — a level not seen since March 2017. At 79.5 sen, the stock is valued at RM6.49 billion.
For the nine months ended May 31, 2022, Top Glove's cumulative net profit plunged 96.03% year-on-year to RM288.56 million from RM7.27 billion, while revenue dropped 68.5% to RM4.5 billion from RM14.29 billion a year earlier.
- Apple, Inc. spent $18B to buy back 31.7 million shares of AAPL in March quarter
- Crown agrees to Blackstone's $9b takeover bid; ASX higher as oil prices jump on Ukraine fears
- Glove stocks down, among top losers on Bursa despite resurgence of Covid-19 cases
- Bursa Malaysia ends flat amid selling of rubber glove counters
- Glove makers' earnings miss streak to continue, say analysts
- Analysts: Kossan's earnings forecasts revised down on lower sales and average selling price
- There's still FOMO in market; here’s what to buy & what to avoid
- Power prices crash as Storm Eunice drives wind turbines
- PLS Plantations' 2Q profit comes in six times higher on higher FFB prices, sales of durian products
- Buy the Dip: This Value Stock Can Soar in 2022
- U.S. Jobless Claims Pass 40 Million: Live Business Updates
- Asia Poly buys another 1.5% stake in Ta Win for RM7.5m
- WHO: Here Are The 16 ‘Best Buys’ To Tackle Non-Communicable Diseases
- Wall Street drops, oil prices jump on Ukraine conflict worries
- Asian shares fall, US treasury yields hold firm after US inflation data
- Is Enphase Energy Stock a Buy?
- Is Pinterest Stock a Buy After Beating Earnings Expectations?
- IOI pauses share buyback as CPO rally lifts stocks
- UK petrol prices hit all time high at £81 a tank as living costs surge to record levels
- Can A Vintage T. Rowe Price Fund Ride Rivian, Microsoft And Snap To The Moon?
Top Glove’s Lim Wee Chai buys 2.8 million shares as share price dips below 90 sen have 396 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at August 16, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.