KOTA BHARU (Aug 14): The Special Task Force on Jihad Against Inflation is seen to have a positive effect, especially in reducing the price of controlled goods during the current inflation faced by the country, said Minister in the Prime Minister's Department (Economy) Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed.
He said the setting up of the task force has a beneficial impact in dealing with inflation, especially in relation to enforcement involving cooking oil leading to a decrease in the price of the controlled item.
“Inflation is a problem faced by the world today. Alhamdulillah, in these past few weeks we have found that the world’s inflation seems to have reduced a little and it may have a good effect on Malaysia,” he said.
He said this to reporters after visiting the Federal Department joint-use building at the Kelantan State Development Office near Tunjung here on Sunday (Aug 14).
Elaborating, Mustapa, who is also a member of the task force, said that meetings are held twice a week to discuss various issues by involving various ministries, adding that this seems to work very well, as all measures and actions can be done in a more focused manner and given priority.
“Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob recently mentioned that the supply of chicken has also become stable and the selling price is also lower than the set ceiling price which is RM9.40 per kilogramme," he said.
The government is also considering requests from poultry farmers to resume exporting chickens to Singapore, he said. However, the matter, which will be reviewed by the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Industries, has yet to be decided.
- Campaign close to my heart, says Dodds as he backs folic acid plan
- Stabilized lira, government campaigns lead to rapid inflation decrease in November
- No-deal Brexit warning from Bank of England: ‘Pound will crash and inflation will soar’
- Inflation is back, says OTP Treasury chief
- 7 popular drugs may not warrant their price hikes, study says
- Minimum pricing ‘serious ammunition’ in fight against alcohol-related harm
- Are we fit to fight a global war?
- 250,000 couples fight for 'handful' of starter homes across capital
- Increasing property prices could 'lay foundation' for another boom and bust cycle, OECD warns
- Lack of supply drives Portuguese property prices higher
- Gold prices soar to 6-year high on geopolitical factors, weak dollar
- Yorkshire's largest police forces among those hardest hit by austerity, league table shows
- Moment is there for Turkey to get closer to Europe, EU commissioner says
- ‘Stretched’ police should focus on violent crime, says Met chief Cressida Dick
- Ecuador president orders curfew as protests force government to relocate
- Passionate lawyer taking her fight for the truth to the top
- Grim post-Brexit economic forecasts as top Labour figure says Final Say referendum ‘inevitable’
- Broadband plan hangs by a thread as rural Ireland pays the price
- Theresa May fights to get marathon Cabinet meeting to back her Brexit plans
- Brexit unleashed long-standing problems in the EU, Bulgarian MEP says
Task force to fight inflation has positive impact on price reduction, says Mustapa have 483 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at August 15, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.