KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 12): Police have opened an investigation paper in connection with allegations that a senior police officer had brought his girlfriend along during a 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB)-related raid at a residence of former Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak in May 2018.
Dang Wangi District Police chief ACP Noor Dellhan Yahaya said they received a police report at 3.02pm on Friday involving a statement uploaded to a news portal and YouTube.
"The investigation paper is opened in accordance with Section 500 of the Penal Code and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 and will be referred to the Deputy Public Prosecutor for further action when investigations are completed," he said in a statement.
The media reported on Friday that former Federal Commercial Crime Investigation Department director Datuk Seri Amar Singh Ishar Singh denied allegations that his girlfriend was present during the raid and had lodged a police report regarding the matter.
- British police open investigation into ambassador's leaked communications about Trump
- Panchayat office broken open, nomination papers safe
- The fruit contamination crisis isn't over yet: Boy, 10, finds a needle inside an apple - as police reveal two new cases of strawberry sabotage
- Unnao rape case: Convicted Kuldeep Singh Senger's sentencing deferred to Dec 20
- Credit Suisse executive tailed by private investigators: paper
- Ukraine prosecutor to review cases involving company that hired Joe Biden’s son
- D.C. police close investigations involving Georgetown basketball players, make no arrests
- Met police launch investigation into leaked Darroch cables
- Thailand opens investigation into BBC for alleged insult of new king
- Hate crime victim claims police failed to solve case because he's gay - police disagree
- Election 2019: Police Scotland investigate voting fraud claims
- Torture: Lagos police command investigates officer
- Denver police continue investigating circumstances surrounding Baby Miracle, found alone and cold in mother’s car
- Man dead in Baton Rouge officer-involved shooting at apartment complex
- Kotkapura firing case: Faridkot court adjourns hearing to Jan 4
- Wheels of justice turn slowly even 7 years after 2012 gangrape case
- Rules say it can’t go below Rs 50L, but EOW wraps up a case of `20L fraud
- How the Pehlu Khan case fell apart
- Punjab police makes 2nd arrest in Amritsar grenade attack case
- Indian police who shot dead four gang-rapists 'as they tried to escape', prompting celebrations across the country, are investigated for possible MURDER
Police open investigation paper on case involving Amar Singh have 374 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at August 13, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.