Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed (The Edge filepix by Patrick Goh)
KOTA BHARU (Aug 14): The Sungai Golok Delta Integrated Development Project, Phase Two, to tackle the flood problem in Kelantan, will be implemented soon.
Minister in the Prime Minister's Department (Economy) Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed said the government had so far approved an allocation of RM879 million for the project.
"We are now waiting for the process of appointing a contractor to carry out the project, aimed at avoiding a major flood in the area during the monsoon season.
“Through a visit made together with the Environment and Water Ministry (KASA) for Phase One of the project, it is learned that the progress has reached 81.26% involving Pengkalan Kubor up to Sungai Lanchang, Pasir Mas.
“This is faster by about 35% of that actually scheduled and involving an allocation of RM656 million. Based on the plan, it is expected to be completed by April 2024 but we not dismiss the possibility of it being ready by 2023."
Mustapa said this to reporters on Sunday (Aug 14) after visiting the Kelantan State Development Department at the common-use building in Tunjang here, which houses the federal departments.
He said for the implementation of Phase Three of the project, it was still being studied by KASA, although in principle, it had been agreed upon and the matter would be finalised soon.
"When the three phases are completed, the flood problem in Kelantan can be largely solved,” he said.
On his visit to the project development site of the federal departments, Mustapa said it had recorded a construction status of 4% earlier from that scheduled.
“This building project costing RM576 million started in June 2020, and is expected to be completed by July 2024 with four eight-storey office blocks.
“There will also be an auditorium, a multi-purpose hall, food court, nursery and kindergarten, security block and multi-storey parking, with the complex replacing Wisma Persekutuan in Jalan Bayam here," he added.
- Apple Watch: 20 apps worth trying on launch day – in their developers' words
- Metrowater expedites project to fit digital water meters
- ILA Vietnam - the power of education: When you start with your heart
- Skyrim Together Devs Reassure Fans It's Still in Development
- NASA is developing the technology for a self-sustaining human colony on Mars including 3D printers that recycle human waste and genetically modified lettuce with pharmaceutical benefits
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 6
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 12
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 11
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 15
- The Internet of Kings: How IoT technology is helping to monitor cliffs surrounding Tutankhamun's tomb
- The tough business of building a city
- Nigerian Content Implementation now at new level with 1% contractor’s fund — Simbi Wabote
- NAPTIP plans to open human traffickers registry
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 13
- Bowling alley, pizza parlor, microbrewery among cool amenities set for redeveloped Entergy site
- When will a coronavirus vaccine be ready?
- What is the European Green Deal and will it really cost €1tn?
- Building boom resumes in S.F. as tech firms crave office space
- The 25 best movies on Disney+ right now
- Why Obasanjo may never forget Arthur Nwankwo in a hurry
Phase 2 of Sungai Golok Delta Integrated Development Project to start soon have 504 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at August 15, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.