KOTA BHARU (Aug 12): The National Vaccine Development Research Centre will focus on producing several types of vaccines for various diseases apart from the Covid-19 vaccine, said Deputy Science, Technology, and Innovation Minister Datuk Ahmad Amzad Hashim.
He said the establishment of the Vaccine Collaboration Network sub-committee led by the Ministry of Health (MOH) had met on June 7 to identify the types of vaccines to be developed, technology platforms used and opportunities for technology transfer cooperation with both local and foreign industry players.
This was in line with the Malaysian Genome and Vaccine Institute (MGVI) and National Institutes of Biotechnology Malaysia (NIBM), which are entrusted to administer the country’s vaccine research and development.
“NIBM activated the National Vaccine Research and Development Expert Council Consortium consisting of four Expert Councils namely Vaccine Discovery; Pre-Clinical Study; Clinical Trials; and Vaccine Development Process and Ecosystem.
“The Expert Council will assess the functions and capabilities of the available resources to make PPVN a success,” he told reporters after visiting the Min House Camp, Kubang Kerian, here on Friday.
Ahmad Amzah said there are two phases set in the production of the vaccines, which are short-term and long-term, spanning between five and 10 years.
“However, our focus is more on vaccines that involve tropical diseases that are common among Malaysians," he added.
- NTU Singapore, RGE Group launch joint research centre to tackle textile waste
- ICAR develops vaccine for Lumpy Skin Disease in cattle
- Vaccine for Lumpy Skin Disease in Cattle Launched, Agri Minister Calls For Boost in Manufacturing Capacity
- India’s First COVID Vaccine For Animals Launched: ANOCOVAX Is Here
- 'We are vulnerable': Doctors call for children and adults to be vaccinated against measles
- 1.5 lakh Ayushman Bharat Health & Wellness Centres to be opened by December: Health Minister
- Centre should share some financial burden of states' vaccine procurement, experts say
- Top virologists weigh in for Corbevax booster after primary vaccination with Covishield, Covaxin
- Russia coronavirus vaccine could be distributed next month
- IITG sets up Centre of Excellence for medical research
- 50 Nations, 23 Cr Doses: How India Injected Intensity into Global Fight against Covid with Vaccine Maitri
- PM Modi Urges People to Take Precaution Dose of Anti-COVID-19 Vaccines
- PM Modi urges people to take precaution dose of anti-COVID-19 vaccines
- Delhi achieves 100% vaccination of eligible population with first dose
- Amid rise in Covid cases, Centre asks Delhi & 6 states to focus on testing, vaccination
- China's "vaccine diplomacy" begins as shots to be rolled out in Turkey, Latin America
- Health Ministry to distribute 10 million vaccine doses across Thailand this month
- Why marine researchers believe probiotics could help to save the Great Barrier Reef
- Community-led research hoped to be final kick to rheumatic fever
National research centre to focus on producing various types of vaccines have 428 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at August 13, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.