KUALA LUMPUR (Aug 5): MIDF Amanah Investment Bank Bhd said Perodua may outperform its internal total industry volume (TIV) target of 247,800 units this year, in light of higher production.
It is understood that Perodua has tried to increase production to around 26,000 units per month in the second half of 2022, verses an average of 21,700 units per month in the first half, in order to shorten its waiting list, the research house said in a note on Friday (Aug 5).
"Perodua managed to garner around 24,265 new bookings in July, equivalent to around a month of Perodua TIV, despite the expiry of the sales tax exemption since June 30 this year.
"The strong July bookings signal strong sales momentum, which we think is partly driven by the recent launch of the new Alza, and broadly, a pent-up demand amid a gradually improving labour market in line with the macro recovery," MIDF said.
Perodua has also secured its supply of chips for the rest of the year to achieve its record annual TIV target of 247,800 units for 2022, a 30% year-on-year rise, the house said.
"Perodua is also looking at sharing resources with its vendors such as workforce placement, warehouse sharing and parts arrangements to address foreign labour shortage issues at the vendors, to ensure a smooth domestic supply chain.
"We anticipate these efforts to result in cost savings to a certain extent, which would help cushion the impact of higher material and logistic costs," it added.
- Report: Fiat Chrysler internal report finds inflated sales
- Feeling the heat: U.S. retailers suffered poor June sales
- Stocks drop on poor home sales data
- Xiaomi phone shipments exceeded 100 million by October
- Dow hits 10% correction, credit woes trump upbeat retail results
- We're back to shopping - a bit: December retail sales show signs of life
- Alibaba generates 149 billion yuan in sales in first 12 hours of 11.11
- Cyber Monday is on track to smash online sales records
- BlackBerry beats Q2 targets, cites growth in automotive vertical
- Toyota's global sales rise 2 percent; GM's 77-year run at top threatened
- Existing home sales jump - good news for a change!
- Huawei continues dominance as China's smartphone sales slow in Q4: IDC
- Pure Storage Q4 sales hampered by manufacturing issues
- eBay beats Q2 estimates, confirms potential StubHub sale
- Edited Transcript of FOLD earnings conference call or presentation 8-Aug-19 12:30pm GMT
- Edited Transcript of FDS earnings conference call or presentation 26-Sep-19 3:00pm GMT
- WEC invests $230 million in natural gas storage site
- Battle of the value meals: Starbucks vs. McDonald's
- CALL HIM 1-800-SUCCESS. Ecuadorian mattress czar came to N.Y. with just $10
- FriendFinder Networks, publisher of girlie mag Penthouse, soon to test IPO waters
MIDF upbeat on Perodua to exceed sales target have 427 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at August 6, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.