KUANTAN (Aug 11): The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) views seriously reports of corrupt practices and misconduct involving members of the Village Development and Security Committee (JPKK).
MACC Community Education Division director Datuk Razim Mohd Nor said this was to ensure that the village institution was always protected and free from corruption, especially involving the interests of the local community.
"According to data and statistics, there were information and complaints received regarding corruption and abuse of power involving JPKK chairman or village heads," he said in his speech at the Anti-corruption & Governance of Government Funds Programme here on Thursday.
Razim said in Pahang alone, MACC has received 21 reports regarding misconduct among JPKK members since 2018.
Of the total, one case had been prosecuted in court, two cases were being investigated, five received a letter to rectify the weaknesses of JPKK procedures, and 13 cases were classified as no further action, he added.
Commenting on the programme attended by over 200 participants from Kuantan, Maran, Rompin and Pekan, Razim said it aimed to provide knowledge and awareness about the MACC's functions, corruption offences and JPKK's responsibility in dealing with local corruption issues.
He said JPKK is the last bastion that will ensure there is no leakage of allocations provided by the government for physical, welfare and social development.
- Legislatures lack records of misconduct claims: AP
- Make some serious cash finding bugs with Microsoft's Office Insider Bug Bounty program
- Comments for : Leaked stills show a side view of the Apple iPhone Lite along with the front panel
- Comments for : Side view of the LG G2 leaks
- Six Questions Members of Congress Should Ask Zuckerberg
- Comments for : GFXBench confirms specs of Samsung's monstrous Galaxy View tablet
- Comments for : Apple's next gen maps app may include 3D street and interior views
- Comments for : HTC's Dot View hits the Google Play Store for easier updates in the future
- Comments for : Latest version of Google Maps for Android gives you quick access to Street View
- Comments for : Sony says the Xperia Z3 provides the ultimate smartphone viewing experience
- Comments for : Samsung acknowledges that the Clear View case might scratch the display of your Galaxy S6, S6 edge
- Comments for : 18.4-inch Samsung Galaxy View tablet now official
- Comments for : Apple replaces Google for its own Maps app with 3D view and voice-guided navigation
- Comments for : NAVIGON v4.5 for Android now offers 3D map views and last mile navigation
- NAVIGON v4.5 for Android now offers 3D map views and last mile navigation
- Comments for : Research says stereoscopic 3D viewing on a smartphone can cause eye problems and headaches
- U.S. Panel Endorses Designer Babies to Avoid Serious Disease
- Comments for : 7 phones classified as collector's items that are worth serious money
- Comments for : The giant Samsung Galaxy View tablet clears the FCC, headed to AT&T
- Comments for : Leaked image provides us with a side view of the Nexus 5 (2015) and its 1.8mm camera hump
MACC views seriously misconduct among JPKK members have 471 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at August 12, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.