KUALA SELANGOR: The details behind the proposed plan for the redevelopment of the land occupied by the Shah Alam Stadium will likely be revealed on July 16, says Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari.
"It's one of the options (to demolish the stadium) since the beginning.
"We will explain, possibly on July 16, in conjunction with the opening date of the Shah Alam Stadium.
"It is premature to disclose now. It is not nice for me to elaborate on it because it involves discussions with a lot of parties," said the Mentri Besar after launching the "Selangor Penyayang" roadshow at Stadium Utama Kuala Selangor here yesterday.
He also told Bernama that the stadium was plagued by multiple problems, among them the roof, the piping system and the field.
"Actually, the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) has given the stadium an unsafe status because of the stadium's 'flying' roof tiles.
"So we discussed with FAM on what to do; if we fix the roof quickly, we will only be fixing the roof and the rest will continue to remain a problem.
"We don't want it to be like that," he added.
He also said that the proposed development of the stadium would take at least two years and was expected to be completed in line with the construction of the LRT3 line nearby.
"Of course, we do not want to be left behind in terms of technology.
"If we decide to proceed with the plan, we must make it perfect and this development proposal has been technically evaluated by a group of professionals," he added.
Construction of this landmark in Shah Alam began in January 1990 and the stadium was opened on July 16, 1994.
This multipurpose stadium is mostly used for football, though it can also support athletics and other purposes.
- REPORT: There Is A Plan For A Potential 16 Team College Basketball Tournament In December
- True scale of Britain's jobs bloodbath revealed: Thousands of firms planned more than 300,000 redundancies in June and July as coronavirus pandemic ravaged workplaces
- 'I knew I had to end it': Wife of 'Naughty Tory' MP Charlie Elphicke - who inherited his seat in a coup - said she planned to leave him all along and only supported him during his trial because she feared he might kill himself
- 'Julie and the Phantoms' Cast: Who Stars in the Netflix Show?
- Rishi Sunak Reportedly ‘Saved the Day’ Urging PM Johnson to Ditch Second Lockdown Plans
- Seagate Reveals Its Exos X18 HDDs: 18 TB for Exascalers and Datacenters
- Pizza Express will shut 73 of its 449 restaurants - one in six of its UK sites - with 1,100 jobs under threat as cost saving plans are approved by creditors
- Where it all went wrong: How Britain's Covid-19 infections started to rise after July 4th 'Super Saturday' and are now up 54% in a week
- The death of cinema? Odeon will shut a QUARTER of its 120 venues during week as Cineworld confirms plans to close sites in UK and US with 45,000 jobs - including 5,500 in Britain - at risk after film studios delay releases
- Boris's mass COVID testing moonshot 'to cost £100BILLION': PM's plan to get life back to normal is forecast to cost almost as much as entire NHS budget - as experts warn it may not even be possible
- Bodybuilder-turned-professional eater reveals how she maintains her slender size two frame despite devouring up to 16,000 calories in just ONE DAY
- 'Doctors said he wouldn't make it': Kate Garraway reveals husband Derek Draper lost EIGHT STONE during his six-month coronavirus battle
- Stay indoors or face a fine! Boris Johnson is 'drawing up tough new plans to fine people flouting self-isolation rules' after growing numbers ignore advice
- CU’s Board of Regents planned to fire Bruce Benson before he announced retirement, records show
- Makeup artist, 24, reveals how she went from a size 16 to a size eight in just six months after a life-changing trip - and the secrets behind her new physique
- Gordon Ramsay plans to open up 200 new restaurants across the world and 50 eateries in the UK after making a £15million profit last year
- Hero PC Andrew Harper's widow Lissie reveals she still sleeps with his ashes in her bedroom… and doesn't know if she will ever be able to love again
- Keeping Up With The Kardashians has no spinoffs planned says producer Ryan Seacrest: 'We have not crossed that bridge yet'
- Is Boris Johnson going to shut YOUR local pub? Heat map reveals the 200 towns and cities with high Covid-19 rates that could face tier-three lockdown next week - as Nottingham becomes England's worst hotspot
- Xbox Games with Gold July 2020: these are the free Xbox One games this month
MB: Plan likely to be revealed on July 16 have 774 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 3, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.