Jakarta ● Thu, June 23 2022
COVID-19 has exposed huge financial gaps in pandemic prevention, preparedness and response (PPR). The World Bank (WB) and the World Health Organization (WHO) estimated at least an additional US$10.5 billion per year in international financing will be needed to cover the need of $31.1 billion annual investment for global pandemic PPR, encompassing surveillance, research and equitable access to medical countermeasures, public health and resilient communities, scalable health interventions and PPR strategy and operations.
In countries with the least fiscal space, lower-middle-income countries (LMICs) and low-income countries (LICs), the national needs for pandemic PPR are estimated at around $16.2 billion per year, for which an extra $7 billion per year in international financing will be needed (World Bank & WHO, 2022).
The intention of this article is to highlight the discussion on the following fronts: Global and national pandemic PPR financial gaps, key lessons for pandemic PPR financing, the global pandemic preparedness fund as a recent solution and recommendations for Indonesia as holder of the Group of 20 presidency.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Senior US officials visit Sri Lanka to help resolve crisis
- Chelsea discuss Cristiano Ronaldo transfer with his agent, Blues to make new Sterling bid, Dembele free transfer news
- Ukraine set to receive additional £429mil from UK in guarantees for World Bank lending
- G7 face battle for unity as cost of Ukraine war mounts
- Vettel reveals why he’s become an activist as he’s matured
- Leeds and Burnley threatening multi-MILLION pound damages against Everton & Prem over alleged breach of financial rules
- Novak Djokovic saga part two could be on the cards as US Open petition signed by 6,000
Reimagining the future of pandemic PPR financing have 323 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.