GEORGE TOWN (June 22): Penang will resume the collection of hotel room fees beginning July 1 after two years of exemption following the Covid-19 outbreak.
State Tourism and Creative Economy Committee chairman Yeoh Soon Hin said the payment rate for the hotel fees is the same as before the fee exemption from July 1, 2020, to June 30 this year.
“The fee rate remains the same, which is RM3 per room/night for hotels rated four and five stars, and RM2 per night/room for hotels rated three stars and below, including dormitories, budget hotels, hostels and boarding houses.
"The tourism activities have been revived since the reopening of the country's border on April 1, and the influx of tourists to Penang has been very encouraging.
"Penang decided to resume the fee collection after discussing with the hoteliers and getting their approval," he told a press conference on Wednesday.
- Happy National Pet Day! 11 pet-friendly hotels with perks for your dog
- Global Hotel : After two years of Covid disruptions, global hotel chains bet big on India
- Save big on stays at Disney Resort hotels just by being a Disney+ subscriber
- Travel planner: Things and places to consider as regular international flights resume
- Cover Story: Else Kuala Lumpur to open its doors in July
- 3 current, former San Francisco cops charged with destroying evidence, taking gun from property room
- Blac Chyna v. Kardashians: Defamation trial resumes, Chyna details tumultuous relationship with ex-fiancé Rob
- San Francisco is projected to have $6.3 billion to spend in 2022-2023. Here’s how the pandemic is impacting those numbers
- The World’s Best Airline - What Makes Flying Better?
- Grape expectations on UK vineyard breaks plus all the latest travel news
- Virginia Gay's production of Cyrano was cancelled on opening night. Here's what happened next
- Jackie Robinson's overlooked season in the Negro Leagues shaped his historic path to Major League Baseball
- His parents think he's 'a disgrace', but this scrap collector in China is on a mission
- Why it’s Harder Than Ever to Be a Young Band on the Road
- Our Towns: Why Some Libraries Are Ending Fines
- Meet Eliot Higgins, Putin's MH17 Nemesis
- Kurt Cobain to John Lennon - rockstars who died tragically young and how they died
- Coughing up for justice
- Doris Day 100th birthday: James Garner 'She was the sexiest star I worked with'
- 22 Official Complaints From People Who Got Royally Screwed On Airbnb
Penang to resume collection of hotel room fees from July 1 have 384 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.