Nichol Pareja and Jonel Carcueva emerged victorious after Friday's grueling men's road race of the PhilCycling National Championships that finished in Tagaytay City.
Pareja ditched the peloton in a lung-busting 400-meter climb in Agoncillo, before widening the gap at the ascending Sungay Road separating Tagaytay from Talisay City, Batangas, to rule the Elite class of the race. Carcueva, meanwhile, finished first among all the Under-23 riders.
"When I saw the opportunity, I didn't let it slip away," said Pareja, riding for 7-Eleven Roadbike Philippines, after arriving at Tagaytay's Praying Hands Monument—where the race also started—in three hours, 19 minutes and 54 seconds.
Marcelo Felipe, Pareja's teammate, wheeled in 14 seconds later for the silver. Philippine Navy-Standard Insurance's Jhon Mark Camingao crossed the finish a split second behind a tad behind Felipe to complete the podium.
Carcueva, riding for Scratch It!, finished fifth overall in the race to rule the Under 23 class in 3:20:11.401. INQ
- Firefighters battle commercial fire on New Kings Road
- Emmerdale's Claire King reveals she was sexually attacked aged 14
- A10 at Tottenhill, near King’s Lynn, reopens
- 3 of a kind: Vegas tips Kings 3-2, closes in on series sweep
- Gentilly Burger King employees forced to ground at gunpoint
- The Shadow King is Still the Bad Guy on Legion
- Berkeley Man Killed In Hwy 101 Crash Near King City Identified
- Emmerdale's Claire King reveals she was sexually attacked aged 13
- Gravel road race attracts bikers
- Claire King was ‘groomed on holiday by an older man’ when she was just 14
- These are the five most dangerous roads in Cambridge
- What happened when we drove down Cambridge's five most dangerous roads
- Implement the King Dream Awards Banquet
- Roads in University Circle reopen as NEORSD investigates intense flooding
- Did Hampton Roads Miss the Mark on Martin Luther King?
- King’s first road course race of season is a bit of a damp squib
- Area Residents Recall Assassination of Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.
- Signs go up at new Burger King drive-thru and it opens in days
- Kenya: Chaos as Matatus Protest Bad Roads in Kasarani
- Parkrun round-up: Craig’s only 12 but he’s a ton-up boy at King’s Lynn!
Pareja, Carcueva road kings have 355 words, post on sports.inquirer.net at June 26, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.