MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang on Sunday welcomed the results of a recent Social Weather Stations survey indicating that a "very high" number of Filipinos are optimistic that their quality of life would improve in the next 12 months.
The survey, taken April 19 to April 27, showed 44 percent ("Optimists") of 1,440 respondents expected their quality of life to improve in the next 12 months while 39 percent said it would remain the same and 4 percent ("Pessimists") said it would worsen. The remaining 13 percent did not give an answer.
The resulting Net Personal Optimism score is +39 (percent Optimists minus percent Pessimists, correctly rounded), classified by SWS as "very high" (+30 to +39).
Martin Andanar, presidential communications secretary and acting spokesperson, in a statement, attributed the high score to President Duterte's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic.
"Indeed, the Duterte administration has put a premium on both health and the economy. Central to the success of our pandemic response is maintaining our vigilance against COVID-19 with strict adherence to minimum public health standards while ensuring the country's socioeconomic recovery, where livelihood opportunities are available, hunger is eased and quality of life is improved," he said.
He noted that the April 2022 Net Personal Optimism score was three points below the "excellent" +42 in December 2021 and 5 points below the prepandemic level of "excellent" +44 in December 2019.
Andanar issued the statement as Duterte was to attend a thanksgiving fete at Quirino Grandstand in Rizal Park, Manila, that his supporters from the private sector organized.
- Zelda: A Link Between Worlds guide – The Desert Palace
- DL_POLY Molecular Dynamics Code Changes Improve Optimization and Parallelization
- Nvidia Welcomes Back AMD at Threadripper Launch
- Microsoft Acquires 3D Optimization Tools Dev Simplygon; Used in Bloodborne, The Witcher 3 and More
- Breaking the Billion Variable Optimization Barrier
- How to optimize and protect your PC with 360 Total Security
- The iPad Has Landed: Should You Roll Out Your Web Site's Welcome Mat?
- Gamersfirst: Australians are welcome on APB servers
- Tom Clancy's The Division – Benchmarks and optimization guide
- Welcome Home to the Wasteland: A Closer Look at the First Trailer for Fallout 4
- Entertainment, Optimism Dominate CES 2004
- Experts Welcome Guidance on Take-Home Opiate Antidote
- INSIGHTS Online Ad Targeting: From 'Maximize' to 'Optimize'
- Facebook Home Will Roll Out the Welcome Mat for Ads
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY Facebook Graph Search: Welcome to the Phishing Pool
- CRM BLOG SAFARI Welcome, Workhorse
- Welcome to the Biology Revolution: The Power of One
- INSIGHTS Welcome 2009: Rough Ride Ends Fine?
- Unique Tombs Discovered in Philippines
- TECH TREK Anonymous Philippines Harasses China
Palace welcomes Filipino optimism have 444 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at June 27, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.