Jakarta ● Wed, June 29, 2022
President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo was on a train bound for Kyiv on Tuesday evening, nearing an active war zone under high security, as he seeks to broker peace talks between Russia and Ukraine amid an escalation of violence in the beleaguered country – including the capital.
Jokowi is expected to meet Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in Kyiv on Wednesday and hold a similar meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow on Thursday to seek an end to the Russo-Ukrainian war after attending the Group of Seven Summit in Germany, which ended on Tuesday.
The President flew from Germany to Poland on the same day before embarking on a 12-hour train ride to Kyiv, according to an Instagram post by Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Edo 2020: Tension, tight security as poll holds tomorrow
- Farmers’ protests remain peaceful in Noida amid tight security; over 100 political leaders put under preventive detention
- Incidents With Russian Reporters in Ukraine in 2014-2017
- Erdogan Visit to Azerbaijan Could Stoke Russian Rivalry, Observers Say
- Most Britons could be barred from visiting the EU after Brexit under coronavirus travel rules - even if there IS a deal
- Cricket West Indies officials happy with 'concise and tight' Covid-19 protocols in Bangladesh
- Military overwhelmed by security challenges — GOVS
- Army chief to visit Saudi Arabia, UAE from Sunday
- Jared Kushner lands at the White House with Ivanka and his children as it's revealed he will visit Saudi Arabia and Qatar this week for Israel talks after Mossad 'assassinated' Iran's top nuclear scientist
- Security stepped up at Delhi border as farmers reach closer
- Emotional moment woman cuddles ex-husband in care home after seven weeks apart as new Covid rules mean loved ones can finally meet in person - but bosses fear visits could still be a week away
- Western leaders try to halt Russia's advance into Ukrainian territory
- Offshore windfarms vital amid tensions with Russia, says energy secretary
- Sea of humanity at Palagani’s residence
- Popular restaurants and bars fail to enforce COVID-19 restrictions; skip mandatory protocol
- Huawei gets 5G go-ahead in UK, with some hard limits
- 'We Are in Pain… PM Modi Should Understand', Say Protesting Indian Farmers at Delhi Border
- TRS may need support of others to win GHMC Mayoral election
- DDC polls: Phase 2 elections today, voting underway in Jammu and Kashmir
- Karnataka Bandh update: no major impact so far
Jokowi to visit Ukraine under tight security have 436 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at June 29, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.