Camille Vasquez, the Hollywood lawyer who gained international recognition after representing actor Johnny Depp in his defamation case against former wife Amber Heard, is once again making headlines.
Earlier this week, the 37-year-old who became known on social media as the "queen of cross-examination" for her role in the closely watched six-week trial, was on a flight from Los Angeles to New York City when an elderly passage collapsed mid-flight, TMZ reported.
The incident took place in the first-class cabin of an American Airlines flight. The man, who's believed to be in his 70s, reportedly fell to the floor and hit his head as he walked past Vasquez and her bodyguard.
After crew members asked for help, Vasquez reportedly rushed to tend to the injured passenger. She was able to get in touch with her brother-in-law, who's a doctor, and who guided her through steps to check if the passenger was having a heart attack or if the fall had led to a brain bleed.
Vasquez, who was called a "wonder woman" by one of the flight attendants, was gifted a bottle of champagne and a bottle of wine for her help, according to TMZ.
The plane returned to Los Angeles and the passenger, who was conscious at the time, was escorted off the plane by emergency personnel.
An American Airlines spokesperson confirmed to the Daily News that a medical incident on Monday led one of its flights to return to Los Angeles International Airport.
"On June 20, American Airlines flight 184 with service from Los Angeles (LAX) to New York (JFK) returned to Los Angeles due to the medical needs of a customer," the spokesperson said.
Following Depp's court victory earlier this month, Vasquez, the daughter of immigrant parents from Cuba and Colombia, was recently made partner at the prestigious law fim Brown Rudnick after less than four years there.
Earlier this week, she graced the digital cover of Hola! USA in a story about her Hispanic upbringing, the "surreal" experience of becoming a viral sensation, and her role in "paving the way for the next generation of Latinas”. – New York Daily News/Tribune News Service
- The trial of Johnny Depp: What it says about celebrities and the search for truth
- Woodstock: ‘It Was Like Balling for the First Time’
- A Piece of Jimi Hendrix’s Rainbow
- The 56 best TV shows to watch on Netflix
- The 56 best TV shows to stream on Netflix
- 56 best TV shows to stream on Netflix
- The 56 best TV shows to binge-watch on Netflix
- 56 best TV shows to binge-watch on Netflix
- 56 of the best TV shows to binge-watch on Netflix
- 56 of the best TV shows to binge on Netflix
- The 56 best TV shows to see on Netflix
- 56 best TV shows to see on Netflix
- My Mom Believes In QAnon. I’ve Been Trying To Get Her Out.
- How the Anti-Vaxxers Got Red-Pilled
- Orchard Towers death: Murder charges withdrawn for three suspects
- A city divided: Hong Kong’s 6 months of tumultuous protests
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEB. 23
- Full transcript of "Face the Nation" on March 7, 2021
Johnny Depp’s lawyer Camille Vasquez rushes to help elderly man who collapsed on flight have 512 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at June 27, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.