The whole world watched the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard trial closely.
Some people who went to the highly-publicised Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard defamation trial in Fairfax County, Virginia are selling their wristbands online on auction sites for as much as $5,000.
The paper wristbands were distributed at the courthouse as a crowd control measure that was attended by fans of the actors, particularly of Depp.
The bands aren't of course special. They are colour-coded paper wristbands and just stamped with the date of entry. Yet the memorabilia from the spectacle of a trial is being put up for big buck on sites like eBay.
"This is a piece of celebrity culture history," wrote one seller, who started the bidding for his blue trial day 20 wristband at $4,999 (£3,998). He went on to describe the condition of the wristband in detail: "The wristband has been cut so I could remove it from my wrist, you cannot reattach it without using glue or tape; but I figure this would be better framed."
There have been no bidders on this item so far.
Some other wristbands have been getting bids and many are priced cheaper than $5,000. One user, who had six bids on his band , has the highest offer of $61.
Hollywood A-listers Johnny Depp and Amber Heard are involved in a bitter feud. The former partners had sued each other for defamation, a suit that Depp won. The court ordered Heard to pay around $10 million in damages while Depp has to shell out $2 million.
Heard had recounted physical and mental abuse in a Washington Post op-ed without naming Depp in 2018. Soon after, Depp lost his plum "Pirates of the Caribbean" role that would have fetched him over $22 million.
Depp later sued Heard for defamation.
- Why did actress Kate Moss decide to testify in Johnny Depp vs. Amber Heard's trial?
- Kate Moss mesmerises fans with 'pixie' voice during Johnny Depp and Amber Heard trial
- Johnny Depp Vs Amber Heard: Pirates Of The Caribbean Actor Counters $2 mn Damages To His Former Wife
- NBC doc examines how social media controlled viewers amid Johnny Depp v. Amber Heard trial
- Karen Gillan picks her side in Johnny Depp Vs Amber Heard dispute
- Documentary on Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Trial Set for Digital Debut
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s relationship timeline as libel case begins in High Court
- Johnny Depp Rebuffs Amber Heard’s Calls For New Trial Over False Juror
- Johnny Depp And Amber Heard Each File Notice Of Appeal In Defamation Case
- Johnny Depp Claimed Amber Heard Escorted, Stripped, She Says he Advised Manson
- Johnny Depp Blasts Amber Heard Over Filing On Alleged Error Seeking New Defamation Trial | The Daily Wire
- Johnny Depp calls Amber Heard ‘sociopath’ in unearthed text to Marilyn Manson
- Kate Moss and Johnny Depp wild romance - 'Trashed hotel rooms' and the Amber Heard trial
- Johnny Depp's followers have skyrocketed after Amber Heard trial verdict
- Amber Heard 'forced to sell California home' to pay Johnny Depp $8.3m after trial victory
- The Ugly Ways TikTok Corrupted the Johnny Depp-Amber Heard Trial
- Johnny Depp reaches settlement in City Of Lies assault case after Amber Heard trial
- Kate Moss explains why she testified during Johnny Depp, Amber Heard trial: 'I had to say that truth'
- Johnny Depp's legal team hopeful court will uphold verdict
- Johnny Depp tried to imply in court that Amber Heard was escort, pre-trial court docs reveal
Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard trial court wristbands on sale online for $5,000 have 554 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at June 8, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.