KUALA LUMPUR (June 24): Former Selangor Barisan Nasional (BN) information chief Isham Jalil was appointed as an UMNO Supreme Council member on Friday night.
UMNO secretary-general Datuk Seri Ahmad Maslan said Isham would be replacing Pasir Salak MP Datuk Seri Tajuddin Abdul Rahman who was dropped recently.
“Isham has been appointed by party president Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi and was sworn in today,” he told reporters after attending the UMNO Supreme Council meeting chaired by Ahmad Zahid at Menara Dato Onn on Friday night.
Isham, 46, was previously removed from his post as Selangor BN information chief by the State BN.
Ahmad said the meeting also suggested that the National Poultry Board should be established to address the poultry issue in the country and avoid manipulation by certain cartels.
He said the meeting also stressed that the Anti-Party Hopping Bill should be tabled in Parliament soon, especially ahead of the 15th General Election (GE15), besides calling for the creation of the Political Funding Act spelling out clear guidelines on party finances.
According to Ahmad, the meeting also decided that the UMNO election machinery be mobilised together with other BN component parties at all levels to be prepared for any eventualities.
Asked about the progress with the Registration of Societies (RoS) on the amendment to the party’s constitution, Ahmad said he hoped the RoS would come to an outcome soon, as all documents had been sent in accordance with the prescribed procedure.
On May 15, the Special UMNO General Assembly officially approved a motion to amend the party's constitution to allow the Supreme Council the right to postpone the party’s elections within a stipulated time period.
Apart from that, Ahmad informed that the BN Supreme Council will also be deciding on Parti Bangsa Malaysia's (PBM) application to join the coalition.
- Justice Faez Isa raises questions on eligibility of Shahzad Akbar's appointment as ARU head
- When the Supreme Court Busts a Union
- Abortion foes vent disappointment after Supreme Court ruling
- 'We Want the Truth': Sweden Appoints 'Corona Commission' to Assess Its Covid-19 Response
- Russians vote on constitutional changes
- Apply to be registered as political party, NSCIA tells CAN
- UC chief Janet Napolitano leaving office with a mended legacy
- Paul Ufuoma: Chronicling a true Nigerian Military Hero’s deeds
- Venezuela's Maduro tightens grip on power, helped by coronavirus lockdown
- Fact check: A list of Trump's general false claims from March 16 through May 3
- Nigerians score Buhari’s first year into 2nd term, rate their governors
- The Hill's Morning Report - Officials crack down as COVID-19 cases soar
- 21 Years of Democracy In Nigeria: Starting point & where it is
- Live Updates: Mitch McConnell, After A Long Silence And Without Naming Trump, Denounces Neo-Nazis
- Coronavirus tests the limits of India’s capital
- Bhardwaj raises Shah tenure; secy team says only SC can decide
- Brexit: Theresa May compromises with eurosceptic lawmakers on customs bill
- Nation on edge as Buhari suspends CJN Onnoghen
- ‘I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody’: Belong to all of us, Col Umar writes Buhari
- Onnoghen’s trial: FG filed charges before we concluded investigation – CCB official
Isham Jalil appointed as UMNO Supreme Council member have 505 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.