KUALA LUMPUR (June 28): I-Bhd, the master developer of i-City Golden Triangle which is Malaysia's No. 1 Technology City, is set to stride forward with confidence as the rebound in its business activities gathers momentum.
Signs of renewed optimism and rebound are evident in all its major developments, the company said.
“Passenger traffic is back at 2019 levels of 90% at Central i-City shopping mall which is a joint-venture between i-City and Thailand's largest retail property developer, Central Pattana group.
“Following the transition to endemicity, the leisure theme park has returned to profitability and [is] seeing a return to its pre-pandemic foot traffic.
“The i-City Convention Centre (iCCC) is experiencing good take-up, especially on pent-up demand, as events and activities could not be held over the last two years,” it said in a statement released after the company’s annual general meeting (AGM) on Tuesday (June 28).
Meanwhile, I-Bhd said Best Western i-City achieves occupancy of 65% currently, while bookings for ballrooms and function rooms at the upcoming 300-room DoubleTree by Hilton have been taken up for the first two weeks of the hotel opening, slated for August 2022.
The 52-storey BeCentral, offering luxury homes and targeted to be launched in the third quarter of 2022 (Q3 2022), has already received encouraging bookings, while Mercu Maybank, a 33-storey Grade-A Smart Corporate Office Tower at the Finance Avenue in i-City, is 82% tenanted with a strong pipeline, it added.
I-Bhd registered a pre-tax profit of RM1.7 million for Q1 2022, compared with a pre-tax loss of RM5.05 million in Q1 2021.
"We can hit the road running and would be able to see the signs of improvement within this year itself,'' said I-Bhd chairman Tan Sri Lim Kim Hong.
- UK growth slows again in October as rebound stalls
- NZ sharemarket reacts to Wall Street rebound with a 7-point gain
- NZ sharemarket inches up 0.4% ahead of reporting season
- Buffett's firm reports $44B loss but its businesses thrive
- NZ sharemarket gains 0.4% ahead of Reserve Bank rate decision
- KLCI opens marginally lower ahead of 2Q GDP announcement
- Scomi Energy gets shareholders’ nod to sell oilfield services business for RM21m
- My Say: Singapore at 57: Looking ahead with confidence
- POLL: Small Business Optimism Remains Near Record Lows
- Dollar on backfoot ahead of key U.S. jobs data
- Asian shares mostly higher, echoing Wall Street rebound
- Ahead of no-trust vote, PM Imran ‘confident' of victory; opposition eyes 'treason' case against him - Times of India
- Dalal Street Week ahead | 10 key factors that will keep traders busy
- UK PM race: Liz Truss ahead of Rishi Sunak, shows new survey
- Stocks down as China cuts key interest rate and ahead of retail earnings
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta makes transfer promise to fans ahead of Crystal Palace clash
- Alpine confident of still outperforming Aston Martin when Fernando Alonso moves
- Carrie Underwood's husband reveals fears for star following unexpected decision in rare unearthed interview
- Down 50% in 1 year! What's ahead for this Rakesh Jhunjhunwala stock?
- Marcus Rashford: Paris Saint-Germain unlikely to follow up transfer interest in Manchester United forward
I-Bhd strides ahead with confidence following rebound in business have 487 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at June 28, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.