Reuters filepix for illustration purpose only
KUALA LUMPUR (June 29): The global Muslim population spending amounted to US$2 trillion in 2021 and this is projected to grow to US$2.8 trillion in 2024, Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) said, quoting the 2022 State of the Global Islamic Economy Report.
In a statement Wednesday (June 29), MATRADE Frankfurt trade commissioner Zuhaila Sedek said Malaysia and Germany can collaborate to explore the potential of this industry via innovation and in supply chain management.
"In Germany, (the) halal (industry) is seen as a value proposition that has a lot of similarities with organic and vegan products, and can serve the demand of between 5.3 and 5.6 million Muslims living in the country,” she said at a webinar "Halal as a Catalyst of Innovation and Sustainability for Manufacturers" on June 17.
She said the halal industry is a multi-billion and dynamic one with a pool of consumers with strong purchasing power.
The webinar was organised with the support of IHK Hannover (Chamber of Commerce Hannover) and was participated by more than 45 business representatives.
Other than Zuhaila, other speakers at the event were University Putra Halal Products Research Institute Prof Ir Dr Yus Aniza Yusof, German Agricultural Society Prof. Dr. Katharina Riehn and Halal Development Corp international cooperation senior manager Romzi Sulaimen.
The German participants were invited to attend the world's largest halal trade fair, Malaysia International Halal Showcase (MIHAS) 2022, from Sept 7-10, 2022 in Kuala Lumpur.
- Census questions about sexual preferences are dropped for the 2021 survey - and now gay and transgender Australians claim they are being 'ignored'
- China confirmed as 2021 Club World Cup host, slots to be settled
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares stall, sterling falters amid Brexit, growth anxiety
- China confirmed as 2021 Club WCup host, slots to be settled
- How Muslims can fight extremism
- Who knows! We could have the next midcap, smallcap rally in 2021: Amit Jeswani, Stallion Asset
- Can cities be feminist? Inside the global rise of female mayors
- iPhone Display Supplier Sees OLED Smartphone Deluge From 2021
- Devising strategies for a global financial centre
- News24.com | SA best African country to fight pandemics, according to global index
- Whatever Happened to Globalization?
- Populist Policies Are Leading to a Global Slump
- How Bitcoin transactions were used to track down the 23-year-old South Korean operating a global child exploitation site from his bedroom
- Bitcoin transactions used to track down a man operating a global child exploitation site
- The curse of urban sprawl: how cities grow, and why this has to change
- Desperate Pleas to Free Women and Children From ISIS Camps in Syria
- God’s gift: how to look like Chris Hemsworth
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, ISIS Leader Known for His Brutality, Is Dead at 48
- Two men are publicly flogged in Indonesia under Sharia law after being caught gambling
- Amidst Ram Mandir-Babri Masjid row, Diwali in Ayodhya is rather dark
Global Muslim population spent US$2 tril in 2021 have 455 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at June 29, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.