Blackwater rookie Ato Ular during a game against Terrafirma in the 2022 PBA Philippine Cup. PBA IMAGES
Blackwater pummeled Terrafirma, 107-70, in the PBA Philippine Cup on Saturday night, for its the biggest winning margin in franchise history and its first win streak in a long while.
Rookie Ato Ular put up 16 points and five rebounds to lead a balanced attack at Ynares Center in Antipolo City and helping Blackwater to a 3-1 start, the club's finest in the all-Filipino conference.
"I think everybody just bought in," coach Ariel Vanguardia said after the contest.
JVee Casio finished with 14 points while Yousef Taha added 12 points and 14 rebounds. Mark Dyke, Barkley Eboña and James Sena all added 11 each in a morale-boosting victory for a club that has long been regarded as the whipping boys of the league.
"We're having fun because the guys like playing with each other," said Vanguardia."Still, there's a lot of room for improvement. We have to figure out how to play against the bigger teams," he added.
Joshua Munzon had 17 points while Joseph Gabayni added 12 for Terrafirma. Eric Camson and Juami Tiongson both had 10 as the Dyip continued to slide, absorbing their fifth straight loss in the tournament."[N]ext game's gonna be a tough game for us. Meralco's a contender. We played them in a tune-up and they embarrassed us. So we're gonna scout this game, forget about what happened today, and move on to the next one," Vanguardia said. INQ
- FMIA Week 14: The Beauty of Jalen Hurts; the Ugly Truth in Pittsburgh
- 100 Best Movies of 2020, According to Audiences
- Hollyoaks' Stephanie Waring leads her co-stars paying tribute to late cameraman Felix Schroer by wearing blue on the day of his funeral... after his death of suspected coronavirus
- EastEnders’ June Brown describes emotional last meeting with Barbara Windsor & says ‘she’ll always be alive in my mind’
- FMIA: Legion of Whom? Fast, Efficient Overhaul Has Seattle Set to Surprise
- 11pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Alaba and Milenkovic approaches, Pogba latest, Moises Caicedo wanted
- WWE TLC PPV Results: Roman Reigns Vs. Kevin Owens Was An Instant Classic
- 29 Very Black Things That Happened on TV in 2016
- Exploited liquor store workers have found an ally and a voice
Bossing rip Dyip as rookie Ular shines have 386 words, post on sports.inquirer.net at June 26, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.