PUTRAJAYA (May 17): The National Water Services Commission (SPAN) on Tuesday (May 17) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with 12 water operators under its supervision for any eventual cooperation if a water crisis arises due to natural or unforeseen disasters.
The MoU was signed by SPAN chief executive officer Datuk Ahmad Faizal Abdul Rahman with water operators in Peninsular Malaysia and the Federal Territory of Labuan and was witnessed by Environment and Water Minister Datuk Seri Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man.
SPAN in a statement on Tuesday said the memorandum was an initiative of SPAN and water operators in creating a joint venture and strategic cooperation to provide assistance during water supply crises.
According to SPAN, the first MoU was signed on Nov 3, 2015 and the agreement needs to be reviewed, as there are structural amendments to water operators in several states.
"SPAN acts as a coordinator for assistance among water operators.
“Water operators during a supply crisis in an operating area can submit an application to SPAN to seek assistance from other water operators,” he said.
SPAN will review the appropriateness of the application before approving it and subsequently obtain consent from other operators to assist the party involved. If necessary, SPAN will also coordinate assistance from other agencies such as providing specifically trained manpower. Other assistance is to provide equipment and machinery like portable power generators, tanker trucks and portable static tanks and mobilise a relief mission within 24 hours after receiving a request.
Meanwhile, Tuan Ibrahim in the same statement said the memorandum was made to standardise any assistance extended and resolve any dispute through negotiations.
He hopes all water operators under the supervision of SPAN can work together based on the principle of loyal partners in providing assistance as one entity, in line with aspirations of the Keluarga Malaysia concept coined by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
- Pac-12 basketball: NBA and transfer decisions whacking the rosters (but it’s early)
- Pac-12 basketball: NBA and transfer decisions whacking the rosters (updated)
- San Antonio Spurs: 5 PG options in free agency for Tony Parker successor
- The Super Bowl Sex-Trafficking Myth: Is it the crisis it’s cracked up to be?
- Stan Van Gundy’s Identity Crisis In Detroit
- How Jim Mora climbed Mount Kilimanjaro and joined the fight for clean water
- A look into the mind of crisis-hit Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata
- Agent's Take: Here's a fifth-year-option forecast for every 2015 first-round draft pick
- Rays trade Longoria to Giants in exchange for Span, Arroyo, two prospects
- Pospisil: Paul Marek's 12-inning no-hitter stands test of time in prep baseball record book
- Braves sign longtime Phillies slugger Ryan Howard to minor-league deal
- Agent's Take: Here's a close look at the contracts first-round picks are expected to sign
- Russell Westbrook is treading water with his new deal
- Braves sign veteran pitcher R.A. Dickey to 1-year deal
- Week 12 Fantasy Football: Start, Sit, and Sleepers
- The end of National Signing Day as we know it-and why that’s good; Punt, Pass & Pork
- Early Predictions For Where Top 2017 NBA Free Agents Will Sign
- Corey Seager injury: Manny Machado a potential option for Dodgers, but the luxury tax is an obstacle
- Corey Seager injury replacement options: Manny Machado among choices for Dodgers, but luxury tax is an obstacle
- Kenya president signs law making doping criminal offense
SPAN signs MoU with 12 water operators for crisis options have 535 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.