Reuters filepix for illustration purpose only
KOTA KINABALU (May 18): A senior officer of a state government department and a retiree have been arrested by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) for allegedly receiving bribes of about RM700,000 from a palm oil factory.
According to a source, the two suspects were arrested at about 11am on Tuesday (May 17) when they went to the Sabah MACC office.
They were believed to have solicited the bribes in return for not reporting to the Sabah Finance Ministry over the factory's falsification of crude palm oil sales declarations.
Meanwhile, Sabah MACC director Datuk S Karunanith, when contacted, confirmed the arrest of the two suspects.
He also did not rule out the possibility of more arrests to be made in connection with the case.
- Senior investigation officer committed sex offences against suspects in police custody, gets jail and caning
- State Tax Officer held for receiving ₹5 lakh in bribe
- Raid at senior BBMP officer’s house
- Seven IAS officers held for corruption in 3 years
- CBI arrests two customs officers
- Singapore begins islandwide Covid-19 vaccination drive for seniors aged 70 and above
- 3 developers, 1 lawyer arrested after plaint by Delhi-based bizman
- State Tax Officer held in Chennai for receiving ₹5 lakh as bribe from trader
- President calls for Security Council committee session after secret service director's arrest
- Senior volunteers recognised for contributions to the community
- Bomb attack on minister: West Bengal govt hands over investigation to CID
- After police, protesters clash in Islamabad's Red Zone, govt ready to give salary increase
- Haryana govt gets HC notice in labour rights activist case
- Councilors arrested for corruption
- Govt Regulator Rules Police Too Soft on BLM and XR, Warns Cops on ‘Taking the Knee’
- Kolkata: BJP leader Rakesh Singh, named by Pamela Goswami, arrested in drug seizure case
- Brazil: Supreme Court Lets Convicted Criminal Ex-President Run for Office Again
- CBI arrests MES Junior Engineer in graft case
- BJP leader’s aide arrested in Kolkata drug seizure case
- Reserve 5 pc space in parking lots for EVs, charging points: Delhi govt to malls, hotels
Senior govt officer, retiree arrested for receiving RM700,000 bribe have 324 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at May 19, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.