Ricky Gervais thinks intelligent people don't find comedy offensive.
During a Tuesday night interview on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert," the legendary comedian touched on joking about subjects like AIDs, Hitler and more, and he thinks "smart people" understand when a joke is just a joke. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)
Dave Chappelle Attacked During Comedy Show In Horrifying Video, Charges Announced https://t.co/xVcSy9ZFSv
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) May 5, 2022
"I think people get offended when they mistake the subject of a joke with the actual target, and smart people know you can deal with anything. Particularly, when you're dealing with something like irony," Gervais explained when talking about how his audiences soak up his material.
You can watch his full comments during the interview below.
Props to Gervais for keeping it real and not bending the knee at all. Of course, the man responsible for creating "The Office" has a long track record of not backing down to the mob.
Ricky Gervais Says Jeffrey Epstein Didn't Kill Himself During Golden Globes Speech, Tells Award Winners To 'F**k Off' https://t.co/qs4l5AxaUN
— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) January 6, 2020
He's the man who looked Hollywood elitists right in the face and mocked them for thinking they're all super important and special.
He understands comedy!
The reality of the situation is very simple. If comedy offends you, you're a loser. It's not difficult to figure out. This is America, and in this country, we support comedy.
Being able to joke about anything is a sign of a civilized society.
The attack on Dave Chappelle proves that some idiots truly hate comedy in America.
If you attack anyone during a show, you 100% deserve to get your ass kicked.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. pic.twitter.com/FtQVo3XoML
— David Hookstead (@dhookstead) May 5, 2022
Let's hope more people support Gervais' viewpoint and speak up!
- Stephen Merchant on the future of 'The Office' and if he'd work with Ricky Gervais again
- After Life's Ricky Gervais reveals conflicted feelings about ending Netflix series after just three seasons
- Why the bathroom is the final frontier of the smart home | Digital Trends
- Rebel Wilson says Leonardo DiCaprio 'likes them young' as she mocks his dating habits
- The Office Revival Could Be Like The Mandalorian, Greg Daniels Says
- John Cleese has microphone taken away at SXSW after making controversial slavery joke
- WALSH: Nick Cannon Gets His Job Back After Calling White People ‘Savages.’ This Is How Real Privilege Works. | The Daily Wire
- John Cleese Throws Slavery Curveball That Leaves Panel Baffled, Says Brits Deserve ‘Reparations’
- This Former Tea Party Activist Is Teaching People To Spot Fake News
- PLATELL'S PEOPLE: In this crisis, can't Prince Harry and Meghan please put a sock in it?
- John Cleese doubles down on slavery, reparations jokes amid backlash
- John Cleese defends himself amid backlash to slavery joke after mic taken away
- I’m a nail tech and there are loads of tacky trends I’m sick of people asking for – one looks so cheap I can’t bear it
- John Cleese hits back at backlash over slavery joke after ‘microphone taken away’ during SXSW talk
- Esther Rantzen swears twice on-air as Chris Evans apologises profusely 'You can't say it!'
- Lock Upp: Kangana Ranaut wants to give ‘saza-e-maut’ to Munawar Faruqui, comedian says ‘don’t threaten me’
- Trump Jokes U.S. Should Bomb the S*** Out of Russia and Blame China
- Meghan McCain backs Piers Morgan in condemnation 'Nothing Joe Biden says will stop Putin'
- ‘Pure, Smart Adrenaline.’ Angelina Jolie Stars In ‘Those Who Wish Me Dead’ | The Daily Wire
- Woman confronts gym-goer who made rude joke about her long hair
Ricky Gervais Says ‘Smart People’ Aren’t Offended By Jokes have 634 words, post on dailycaller.com at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.