KUALA LUMPUR (May 13): Public Gold Group founder Datuk Wira Louis Ng Chun Hau has resigned as the executive chairman of Caely Holdings Bhd.
In a filing on Friday (May 13), the Perak-based company said the 54-year-old resigned to "pursue other personal opportunities".
Despite his exit from the board of the lingerie maker, Ng still owns a 16.96% stake (43.79 million shares), and a 7.04% indirect stake (18.19 million shares).
According to a filing dated May 6, Ng had offloaded five million shares or a 1.94% stake in the company — via his indirect interest — through his spouse Datin Wira Lim Chee Ting in the
Earlier on April 4, he had disposed of 13.13 million shares or 5.1% indirect stake in Caely, held through Public Gold Marketing Sdn Bhd.
On March 1, the company's chief executive officer Gok Ching Hee, who was also the chief financial officer, tendered his resignation effective April 18.
Meanwhile, its independent non-executive directors Tan Loon Cheang and Ng Boon Kang exited the company on March 16 and March 14 respectively.
Caely has been under scrutiny as one of its subsidiary’s bank accounts had been issued a freeze order by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) on April 20.
Some two weeks prior to the freeze order, Caely had appointed Virdos Lima Consultancy (M) Sdn Bhd as its forensic auditor to carry out an independent forensic audit on allegations of
Following the appointment of the forensic auditors, Caely was hit with a request from Bursa Malaysia for additional information on the reasons and scope of the forensic audit.
In response, Caely said the circumstances of the forensic investigation were prompted after one of its independent non-executive directors had received an anonymous package
Caely's shares closed half a sen or 1.33% lower at 37 sen, giving the group a market capitalisation of RM95.55 million.
- Goldman banker takes on world’s largest gold miner — and gets pushback
- Papa John’s is surging after founder John Schnatter resigns from board and apologizes for using a racial slur
- Entire Khazanah board resigns, leaves leadership decision to PM Mahathir
- Entire board of Malaysian sovereign wealth fund Khazanah resigns, leaves leadership decision to PM Mahathir
- BreadTalk group chief executive Henry Chu resigns
- There are 22 Singaporeans in Forbes’ 2019 Billionaires list – including the founders of Haidilao, Hotel 81 and Osim
- Papa John’s founder says resignation was a mistake
- SBS Transit CEO Gan Juay Kiat resigns over 'personal indiscretion'
- BreadTalk group CEO Henry Chu resigns due to health reasons
- Powerful White House staffer Rob Porter resigns — here are all the casualties of the Trump administration so far
- Starbucks executive Schultz to step aside, mulling 'range of options'
- Starbucks chairman Schultz to step aside, mulling 'range of options'
- Billionaire Paulson accuses Detour Gold of ‘bullying tactics’
- Hidden gold, 'murky' payoffs threaten Japan nuclear revival
- The public's trust, politics and race, and dignity for the LGBT community: MP Murali Pillai goes On the Record
- World’s biggest gold mine nationalized in Indonesia
- Far East's Ng brothers top Forbes rich list here again
- Billionaire casino mogul Steve Wynn resigns from Wynn Resorts amid sexual misconduct scandal
- Sabrina Meng, Huawei CFO and founder’s daughter, was face of secretive company
- D’Nonce chairman, directors re-elected amid boardroom tussle
Public Gold founder Ng Chun Hau resigns as executive chairman of Caely have 512 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at May 14, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.