KUALA LUMPUR (May 25): The crude palm oil (CPO) futures contract on Bursa Malaysia Derivatives ended lower on Wednesday, retreating from two days of gains, on profit-taking.
Palm oil trader David Ng said the weaker prices also follow weakness in the Chicago Board of Trade.
"We locate support at RM6,200 a tonne and resistance at RM6,700 a tonne," he told Bernama.
According to cargo surveyor Intertek Testing Services, exports of Malaysian palm oil products from May 1-5 rose 24.8 per cent to 1,141,764 tonnes from 914,661 tonnes shipped during April 1-25.
At the close, the CPO futures contract for spot month June 2022 decreased RM94 to RM6,960 a tonne, July 2022 was down RM65 to RM6,697 a tonne, August 2022 fell RM99 to RM6,383 a tonne and September 2022 slid RM110 to RM6,201 a tonne.
October 2022 was RM93 weaker at RM6,111 a tonne while November 2022 shed RM82 to RM6,069 a tonne.
Total volume slipped to 64,780 lots from Tuesday's close of 73,962 lots while open interest narrowed to 264,260 contracts from 276,427 contracts previously.
The physical CPO price for June South was lower by RM200 at RM7,050 a tonne.
- Bursa Malaysia ends marginally lower on profit-taking activities
- Bursa Malaysia ends in the red on profit-taking activities
- Bursa Malaysia ends broadly lower on profit-taking activities
- CPO futures end lower on profit-taking
- Ukraine tensions, Home Depot drag Wall Street lower
- CPO average price revised upward
- Toyota quarterly net profit beats estimates despite chip shortage
- Investors take profit from recent gains, ahead of 4Q GDP data
- Bursa Malaysia marginally lower at mid-afternoon
- Bursa Malaysia opens lower over rising geopolitical concerns
- Lyft's weak rider numbers, Omicron hit outweigh first full-year profit
- Lyft’s first full-year profit outweighed
- Airtel Q3 Results: Telecom major posts profit for 5th straight quarter
- Energy markets are jittery as Russia-Ukraine tensions drag on
- Brexit Britain bounceback sees NatWest return £1.7bn to UK as profits soar
- Beyond size, LIC’s profitability is a mixed picture
- Four Ways BBVA Is Making Sustainability Profitable
- India records less than 20k COVID infections for third day; active cases now under two lakh
- India records nearly 20% fall in daily COVID-19 cases, 10% decline in active cases
- Taking Stock | Market snaps 3-day gains; Nifty ends below 17,400, Sensex falls 773 points
Profit-taking activities drag CPO futures lower have 346 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at May 26, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.