Datuk Tee Siew Kiong
JOHOR BAHRU (May 17): Pontian MCA division chief Datuk Tee Siew Kiong has been suspended from the party for five years effective last Friday (May 13).
Tee, 58, who is also former Pulai Sebatang assemblyman, said he received a copy of the suspension letter through WhatsApp from a party staff on Saturday.
“I also think this decision does not make sense because other people who have committed offences before are only suspended for half a year or three years,” the former Johor Tourism, Trade and Consumer Affairs Committee chairman told reporters here on Tuesday (May 17).
Tee, who claimed that the five-year suspension was due to internal interference, said he would seek the views of various parties first before deciding whether or not to appeal the decision within 14 days.
According to the suspension letter dated May 13, which was signed by MCA secretary-general Datuk Chong Sin Woon, Tee had criticised the national party leadership and issued false remarks in a press conference, which was also aired live on Facebook during Johor state election.
Therefore, the letter said the MCA Presidential Council in a meeting held on the same date, has adopted the report and recommendations from the MCA Disciplinary Board and after deliberation, has decided to suspend Tee's membership for five years with immediate effect.
The party, in the letter, also said thatTee could appeal in writing to the party central committee within 14 days after receiving the decision.
- Afghan Football Chief Suspended over Allegations of Sexual Abuse
- ARTA to file cases vs LTO Caloocan division head after arrest of another fixer
- GB News: Guto Harri quits channel after being 'suspended' for taking the knee live on air
- IHC suspends decision to remove NBP president, chairman BoD from posts
- Ontario police chiefs call for more power to fire or suspend officers without pay
- Ex-Trump Lawyer Giuliani Suspended From Practicing Law in Washington, DC
- 12 BJP MLAs Suspended from Maharashtra Assembly for 'Misbehaving' With Speaker
- 6 cops suspended over molestation, violence in UP before rural polls
- How Trump’s Hands-Off Approach to Policing Is Frustrating Some Chiefs
- SF's next police chief faces mountain of challenges
- South Korea suspends THAAD deployment
- Opinion: Spy chief row exposes German government's cluelessness
- States and colleges with the most players in this year's Super Bowl
- An Emergency Board Meeting Could Decide The Fate Of Suspended Cricket Boss Manu Sawhney
- 'Blue wall' Tory MP Imran Ahmad Khan, 47, faces court today on charge he molested 15-year-old boy in 2008
- St. Paul police chief demands apology from state rep for accusing sgt. of racial profiling
- If Frank Clark Misses Time, Here Are The Kansas City Chiefs’ Defensive End Options
- Facebook Bans Former US President Donald Trump for 2 years
- Israel still rules over Palestinians 50 years after its six-day war
- Stolen 'Wizard of Oz' ruby slippers found 13 years later. But the search continues for those responsible, FBI says
Pontian MCA division chief suspended for five years have 460 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.