Lincoln Mitchell ( @LincolnMitchell ) teaches in the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University. His most recent book is “The Giants and Their City: Major League Baseball in San Francisco, 1976-1992.” The opinions expressed here are his own. View more opinion at CNN.
Tbilisi, Georgia (CNN) Upon arriving in Tbilisi, Georgia’s capital, for the first time since the pandemic began, I dropped my bag off at my Airbnb, strolled out and noticed the words “F**k Putin” graffitied in English on my building. A few meters away, a similar sentiment was scrawled in Russian and not far from that, my friend pointed to the same phrase painted on the wall in Georgia’s distinctive alphabet .
- China or America: Who's Really 'Bossing the World?' | Opinion
- What Ronald Reagan could teach Georgia Republicans about winning
- The World is Failing Xinjiang Just As It Failed Srebrenica | Opinion
- Georgia runoffs are a must-win for the Democrats, and for Biden
- Robert Reich: Trump's Re-Election Playbook in 25 Steps | Opinion
- Amid Trump's Post-Election Chaos, Hold Lawyers to Account on the Vote Count | Opinion
- Why I put my hand up to be part of a Covid-19 vaccine trial
- Mike Pence is going to put the seal on Donald Trump's defeat
- SCOTUS Sends a Message: Respect Religious Freedom, Even in a Pandemic | Opinion
- The Electoral College Nightmare That Could Have Happened | Opinion
- Will Republicans Show They Can Reach Across the Aisle on Tax Policy? | Opinion
- Putting trade ties on a new footing
- Doug Schoen: Georgia Senate debate -- Top takeaways from Loeffler vs. Warnock face off
- ‘Woke-Speak’ Letter to Neighbors: Christmas Lights Sign of ‘Systemic Biases’
- David Bossie: Georgia Warnock vs. Loeffler Senate debate shows what's at stake for America
- Biden takes the LEAD in Georgia and piles up the votes after incredible rant from Trump claiming conspiracy against him by big tech, big money, the media, pollsters and Democrats that TV networks refused to screen
- Georgia's Republican lieutenant governor rips Trump for 'mountains of misinformation' and says President's attacks on state officials 'disgust' him while putting the Senate in jeopardy
- Asian neighbors look to each other: China Daily editorial
- GOP Sen. Kennedy: Georgia Senate Elections ‘Really a Second Presidential Election’
- Will Joe Biden Get a Public Opinion ‘Honeymoon?’
Opinion: Why Putin puts his neighbor Georgia on edge have 1371 words, post on edition.cnn.com at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.