KUALA LUMPUR (May 22): Malaysia dan Uzbekistan are to strengthen further bilateral ties and cooperation in fields like trade, investment, tourism, education, health, technical cooperation and human resource development, and people to people contact.
Both sides also shared their views on regional and international issues including the situation in Uzbekistan's neighbouring state of Afghanistan, through the meetings between Malaysian Deputy Foreign Minister Datuk Kamarudin Jaffar and his Uzbekistan counterpart, Furkat Sidikov.
According to a statement issued by the Malaysian Foreign Ministry (Wisma Putra) on Sunday (May 22), during his visit to the Central Asian nation from May 19-21, Kamarudin also paid courtesy call on the country's Deputy Prime Minister Aziz Abdukhakimov, who is also the Uzbekistan's Tourism and Cultural Heritage Minister.
Kamarudin also called on Uzbekistan's legislative assembly speaker Nurdinjon Ismoilov.
The year 2022 denotes the 30th anniversary of the establishment of the diplomatic ties between Malaysia and Uzbekistan, and the courtesy calls made by Kamarudin has successfully contributed towards the efforts to enhance bilateral ties and cooperation.
According to Wisma Putra, Uzbekistan is the second largest trading partner of Malaysia in Central Asia with bilateral trade from January-October 2021 worth US$45.53 million (RM195.78 million).
- Chinese, Vietnamese leaders agree to consolidate bilateral ties
- Uzbekistan, Pakistan discuss boosting trade ties, railway link
- China-Saudi Arabia ties make new progress amid COVID-19 pandemic: FM
- Xi says China ready to strengthen cooperation with Bolivia on COVID-19 vaccines
- Uzbek, S. Korean leaders hold video meeting to develop trade ties
- Vietnam-Malaysia diplomatic ties marked in Hanoi
- India, France joint initiative to boost ties in sustainable development, environment protection
- Vietnam attends 17th ASEAN-Russia senior officials’ meeting
- Africa's friendship for China goes beyond economic and development cooperation
- Xi says ready to announce China-S. Korea Year of Cultural Exchanges with Moon
- To contain China, mission impossible: spokesperson
- Vietnam attends 17th ASEAN - Russia senior officials’ meeting
- The image of Uncle Ho’s Soldier shining in peacetime
- VIETNAM NEWS FEBRUARY 7
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 28
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 3
- VIETNAM NEWS JANUARY 26
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS JANUARY 27
- History in the making: Joint US-Israeli delegation arrives in Bahrain ahead of the official establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries
- Can the UK's post-Brexit strategy for the Indo-Pacific succeed?
Malaysia, Uzbekistan to strengthen bilateral ties in numerous fields have 357 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at May 23, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.