KUALA LUMPUR: Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin has been appointed as one of the five vice-presidents of the 75th World Health Assembly , which is ongoing in Geneva, Switzerland.
Khairy was appointed along with candidates from four other countries namely Bulgaria, Indonesia, Togo and the United States.
The video of the announcement was shared by Health Ministry to the local media on Sunday (May 22) night.
Dimishtra Sittampalam, the advisor to the Health Minister, confirmed Khairy’s appointment in a tweet.
“He will represent the Western Pacific region. This region consists of 37 countries and represents more than one-quarter of the world’s population,” he said. – Bernama
The theme of this year's Health Assembly is: Health for peace, peace for health.
Malaysia will be taking up the Vice Presidency of the World Health Assembly. pic.twitter.com/npTUsUmBQa
— Dimishtra (@dimishtra) May 22, 2022
- Cuba confirms new president as Castro family steps out of limelight
- The Vice President of India presides over the 8th Convocation Day ceremony at PGIMER, Dr.
- India's vice-president rejects calls to impeach chief justice over alleged misuse of public office
- NA Chairman Nguyen Sinh Hung receives Lao Vice President
- Amy Turnquist Joins Ehealthcare Solutions As Executive Vice President Of Sales
- Vice President joins ECOSOC’s meeting on climate change
- Our chat with Epsy Campbell, Costa Rica’s vice president-elect
- Sudan: First Vice President and National Prime Minister Issues Decision Relieving Director of the Hajj and Umrah
- Vice President of Japan’s Senate visits Laos
- Cindy McCain suggests former Vice President Joe Biden visited with Sen. John McCain
- Vice President applauds foreign NGOs’ contributions
- EA Mobile senior vice president Mike Verdu resigns
- CARICOM leaders hold wide-ranging discussions with US Vice President
- ADB Vice-President Reaffirms Strong Partnership with Kazakhstan
- Miguel Diaz-Canel formally proposed to replace Raul Castro as Cuban president
- Case of tuberculosis confirmed at Brandeis High School
- Case of tuberculosis confirmed at Texas high school
- Miguel Mario Diaz-Canel replaces Raul Castro as Cuba president
- Miguel Diaz-Canel, 57, selected as next president of Cuba
- Hospital emergency rooms in Maryland struggle with flood of patients with mental health, substance-use issues
Khairy confirmed as one of five vice presidents of World Health Assembly have 357 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at May 23, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.