Jet Airways has successfully completed all its “proving flights” and is now looking forward to the grant of the air operator certificate (AOC) by the Directorate General Civil Aviation (DGCA), the owner Jalan-Kalrock Consortium said on May 17.
Jet Airways on May 17 concluded its second set of two so-called proving flights with around 31 people, which also included DGCA officials. The airline had on May 15 conducted its first set of three proving flights with 18 people.
The two proving flights on May 17 were on Delhi-Hyderabad and Hyderabad-Delhi routes using the airline's Boeing 737.
The same plane was used for the three proving flights—Delhi-Mumbai, Mumbai-Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad-Delhi—on May 15, they said.
A proving flight is part of DGCA's process for the induction of a new aircraft type in an airline's fleet. The flight allows the operator to demonstrate to the DGCA the airline's ability to conduct the flight safely and in accordance with all rules and regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions
A vaccine works by mimicking a natural infection. A vaccine not only induces immune response to protect people from any future COVID-19 infection, but also helps quickly build herd immunity to put an end to the pandemic. Herd immunity occurs when a sufficient percentage of a population becomes immune to a disease, making the spread of disease from person to person unlikely. The good news is that SARS-CoV-2 virus has been fairly stable, which increases the viability of a vaccine.
There are broadly four types of vaccine — one, a vaccine based on the whole virus (this could be either inactivated, or an attenuated [weakened] virus vaccine); two, a non-replicating viral vector vaccine that uses a benign virus as vector that carries the antigen of SARS-CoV; three, nucleic-acid vaccines that have genetic material like DNA and RNA of antigens like spike protein given to a person, helping human cells decode genetic material and produce the vaccine; and four, protein subunit vaccine wherein the recombinant proteins of SARS-COV-2 along with an adjuvant (booster) is given as a vaccine.
Vaccine development is a long, complex process. Unlike drugs that are given to people with a diseased, vaccines are given to healthy people and also vulnerable sections such as children, pregnant women and the elderly. So rigorous tests are compulsory. History says that the fastest time it took to develop a vaccine is five years, but it usually takes double or sometimes triple that time.
Proving flights is the last step for the airline to obtain AOC. A total of five landings (five flights) have to be done by the aircraft to successfully complete its proving flights.
Sanjiv Kapoor, the chief executive of Jet Airways , said that the airline plans to restart commercial flight operations in the July-September quarter this year.
In a letter to employees last week, Kapoor said his “five foundation blocks” to focus on were securing AOC, buying new aircraft, having robust systems and processes to support operations, securing slots, and building a new team of employees.
- Top 25 Bold Predictions For New York Jets In 2016
- Top 10 players the Jets must keep for next season
- Jets vs Chiefs: Ryan Fitzpatrick needs to channel Fitzmagic
- No. 25 Miami knows a huge test awaits at Appalachian State
- Time to prove Jets are a top-10 NFL team
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft: Jets go quarterback
- The Latest: Holyfield says turnout proves Ali was a unifier
- NFL Power Rankings: 49ers Loss to Bears Proves Ugly Entering Week 14
- How New Zealand made Edmund Hillary, the man who conquered Everest
- Jimmy G. and the Young QBs
- The Decision and the Doink
- After The Process: Meet Sam Hinkie 2.0
- CM Punk’s Top 10 WWE Matches
- Raiders-Chiefs is biggest game left as playoffs loom
- Bears’ Freeman rushes to save man with Heimlich maneuver
- Raiders are Scary and Good
- Meet Lonzo Ball’s Agent … (No, It’s Not LaVar)
- Plane with Brazilian soccer team Chapecoense crashes in Colombia; 6 survive
- New York Mets and the Las Vegas 51s: not so perfect together
- 2016 NFL Power Rankings Week 5: Los Angeles Rams Make Statement With 3-1 Record
Jet Airways says proving flights done, awaiting AOC from DGCA have 705 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 17, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.