A decrease of 48 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours. The daily positivity rate was recorded at 0.47 per cent and the weekly positivity rate was recorded at 0.51 per cent, the ministry said. The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 4,25,94,801. The case fatality rate stood at 1.22 per cent, it said.
- India logs 2,259 new Covid infections; active cases dip to 15,044
- 530 new Covid-19 cases in Delhi; positivity rate 2.17 per cent
- 1.08 crore domestic passengers travelled in April, around 2 pc more than March: DGCA
- Cold virus caused 100,000 deaths worldwide in kids in 2019: Lancet
- Bank credit grows 10.82 pc; deposits rise 9.71 pc: RBI data
The active cases comprise 0.03 per cent of the total infections. The national COVID-19 recovery rate was recorded at 98.75 per cent, the ministry said.
A decrease of 48 cases has been recorded in the active COVID-19 caseload in a span of 24 hours.
The daily positivity rate was recorded at 0.47 per cent and the weekly positivity rate was recorded at 0.51 per cent, the ministry said.
The number of people who have recuperated from the disease surged to 4,25,94,801. The case fatality rate stood at 1.22 per cent, it said.
The cumulative COVID-19 vaccine doses administered in the country so far under the nationwide inoculation drive have exceeded 192.12 crore.
India’s COVID-19 tally had crossed the 20-lakh mark on August 7, 2020, 30 lakh on August 23, 40 lakh on September 5 and 50 lakh on September 16. It went past 60 lakh on September 28, 70 lakh on October 11, crossed 80 lakh on October 29, 90 lakh on November 20 and surpassed the 1-crore mark on December 19.
India crossed the grim milestone of 2 crore on May 4 and 3 crore on June 23.
Read the now!
Indulge in digital reading experience of ET newspaper exactly as it is.
Read More News on
Download The Economic Times News App to get Daily Market Updates & Live Business News.
… more less
ETPrime stories of the day
15 mins read
13 mins read
Under the lens
9 mins read
- 86 Channel migrants stopped in single day
- BA strike sees air fares rise by up to 2,200%
- BA strike sees air fares rise by up to 2,100%
- India rubbish mountain to rise higher than Taj Mahal
- Auckland measles outbreak rises to 804 confirmed cases
- PSNI see recorded crime rise by almost 3%
- How India's sixth biggest city is coping without water
- India halts space mission an hour before launch
- 10 Father's Day treats around Newcastle
- Temperature soars above 27C on hottest day of the year
- Cricket World Cup: England vs India
- Cricket World Cup: Sri Lanka vs India
- Don’t blame Britain for Modi’s plan for a ‘new India’
- India vs New Zealand abandoned as rain halts semi-final
- Follow India vs Afghanistan LIVE from the Hampshire Bowl
- Cricket World Cup – LIVE! India vs Pakistan
- Cricket World Cup: West Indies vs India
- Cricket World Cup – LIVE! India vs New Zealand
- Train linking India and Pakistan suspended over rising tensions
- The count of more than 600 million votes begins in India
India sees single-day rise of 2,323 Covid 19 cases have 627 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.