The price of CNG has been hiked to Rs 78.17 per Kg in Noida, Greater Noida and Ghaziabad, in Gurugram, it will cost Rs 83.94 per Kg.
"We are tightening our belts and looking at reducing costs to deal with the situation," IGL,MD,Sanjay Kumar told the media. The Limited availability of government-controlled gas has forced IGL to use more LNG to meet double-digit growth in CNG and PNG (piped natural gas) demand.
"Several factors determine CNG prices. One of them is price of natural gas from various sources, including LNG (gas imported in ships). Gas prices are expected to remain high in the foreseeable future because of the Russia-Ukraine conflict. That will impact retail CNG rates," Kumar explained.
The gas company apprehends no relief for CNG owners in Delhi-NCR. This is mostly due to steep international prices of natural gas.
“LNG prices are still hovering around $20 per unit, which is double the normal rate. Prices will rise further if summer is unusually warm in the western hemisphere. Domestic gas prices too are expected to rise further in October.” Kumar disclosed.
The price increase is likely to hit not just private vehicle owners but also auto drivers and commercial vehicle owners as their livelihood is affected.
- CNG price to be reduced by Rs 2 in Mumbai area
- Oil cos switch to BS-VI fuel without raising prices; rate hike due to high state VAT: IOC
- GST rate hike: Xiaomi, Samsung, Oppo increase smartphone prices
- Handset makers blame 'erroneous' data for GST rate hike
- LPG cylinder prices reduced by more than Rs 60; Mumbai price is now 714.50
- LPG cylinder prices reduced by more than Rs 60
- Honor India to absorb GST rate hike on smartphones
- Indraprastha Gas Ltd cuts CNG and piped gas prices
- CNG, piped cooking gas price in Delhi, adjoining cities cut
- Price cut for CNG, piped cooking gas in Delhi, adjoining cities
- CNG, cooking gas will now be cheaper
- ONGC to lose Rs 4,000 cr on new gas price; seeks freeing of gas prices
- ONGC to lose Rs 4,000cr on new gas price; seeks freeing of gas prices
- Petrol and Diesel prices will finally drop in Mumbai by more than Rs.2.50/ litre. Here's Why
- iPhone prices hiked in India: Here’s how much you are going to pay now
- Why petrol and diesel prices have not increased since March 16
- Isuzu Motors India to hike prices by up to Rs 1 lakh from January
- Petrol, diesel prices jump by Re 1 in 3 states on higher tax
- PPF, NSC, other small saving schemes interest rates likely to increase
- Fuel prices hiked in Mumbai, prices remain unchanged in other metro cities
IGL's Price Revision: CNG rates hiked by Rs 2 per kg have 494 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.