Since our kids have grown up, I admittedly don't take a lot of video anymore. Mostly because my wife and I can be only so entertaining on camera by ourselves. So any video I capture these days is an on-the-spot thought and through the lens of my smartphone. The quality is acceptable but really flat. Yet there are always things I see that I want to capture. And for the past few years – instead of photographing something directly – I've often taken video instead and then gone through frame-by-frame to pick the best image to use as a photo. But the quality is often degraded, when I do that.
Not anymore. I've gotten hold of the GoPro HERO10 Black Creator Edition – billed as an all-in-one content capturing powerhouse that makes vlogging, filmmaking and live streaming easier than ever. This system features pro-quality 5.3K video, Emmy award-winning HyperSmooth 4.0 video stabilization, enhanced audio, LED lighting and four hours of 4K recording per charge. I honestly never thought I'd go back to a stand-alone video camera. But this is not in any way my old Sony Handycam. It's much more portable, lightweight and durable. This particular Creator Edition package comes with a camera, mini tripod, waterproof light module, media module with microphone, battery grip, carrying case, battery, wireless remote, sticky mount for bike helmets, clips, and more. The only thing I needed to supply was the microSD card.
I don't do much in the way of action sports – there's no mountain biking, skateboard flips, surfing, or off-roading in my repertoire. Yet I still found plenty of application for this camera. I've been using it as a helmet cam on my bike and electric scooter rides, taping my golf swing at the driving range, and also following my dog around. I made time-lapse and slo-mo videos. The video stabilization is crazy good. I grabbed frames – at 19.6 megapixels, mind you – from videos to use as photos. I can also see using this as a security camera or a dashboard camera. You can play back video and photos on the camera itself or on the smartphone companion app. One thing I really like about the camera is that it has two screens: One in the rear and another in the front by the lens. The latter is important because if you're filming yourself talking – and you're alone – you can actually see if you're in the frame or not. And for what it's worth, the sound is outstanding. It even muffles the wind.
For those of you just starting a family, buying a GoPro HERO 10 seems like a no-brainer. It would be great to take videos and stills of your kids, especially at their various sporting events and birthday parties. The portability of it is amazing, because it's so small. Plus the camera is instantly on, and the battery seems to last forever. Trust me, lugging around the Sony 20 years ago was often cumbersome. And now I'm stuck with movies on two different sizes of tape – players are no longer available, so I eventually need to get those digitized. I also owned a mini-DVD camera that lasted all of three years. So I can no longer watch the videos on the camera – nor do I own a DVD player. What I'm getting at is that having all of your videos on a microSD card that you can instantly backup in digital form into the cloud is priceless. And by the way, the companion app offers unlimited cloud backup.
Trust me: Years from now, you'll want to watch those videos and reminisce. This camera is a great way to future-proof your memories.
- Why was a WW1 hero’s name and age 21 scrawled on a £10 note? Cryptic message found on the back of a modern-day tenner
- Lionel Messi, Spiderman and MUM are the top modern day children’s heroes, according to new research
- How to tackle modern day slavery is coming to a conference in Cambridge
- Sheffield's Mrs Christmas is modern day 'Suffragette'
- Modern-day version of classic fairytale aims to enchant audiences across South Tyneside
- 'Like modern day slavery'
- 100 YEARS SINCE WOMEN WON THE VOTE: Here's how you can honour your modern-day female heroes
- The best hot hatches 2017 – our ultimate test picks the best car for the modern day boy racer
- Walk just 10 minutes a day — and you’ll live long enough to die with a tube up your nose
- 10 facts about Guy Fawkes, fireworks and why we remember Gunpowder Plot on November 5
- 6 things sitting at a desk all day are doing to your health
- 10 Tips for disguising ugly radiators
- The tragic story of Hugh Ferguson, the FA Cup hero who took his life at Dens Park
- In pictures: 10 of the cheapest properties in Scotland
- Strictly's Anton du Beke: 'Bruce Forsyth was my hero and then he became my friend'
- Family of Second World War hero receives huge donation towards fundraising target
- 53 medals are scooped by our Transplant Games heroes
- The key London Fashion Week trends from day three, including posh colourful rain macs and INFLATABLE bags
- 10 facts you probably didn't know about Frankfurt (even if you live there)
- These 5 underrated elements are the unsung heroes of the periodic table
GoPro HERO 10 Is A Sleek Modern-Day Handycam have 886 words, post on www.forbes.com at May 22, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.