Bangkok has flooded in many areas after 10 hours of torrential rain beginning at 3pm yesterday and continuing into the early hours of this morning, according to the Department of Drainage and Sewage. The most affected areas are Chatuchak, Lak Si, Don Mueang and Lat Phrao. In some places, the water level has reached higher than 1 metre.
The floods caused traffic jams this morning, namely at Ratchayothin Intersection and Ratchadapisek – Lat Phrao Intersection. Now, the roads are starting to return to normal. However, some sections of the roads may still be flooded, so bear this in mind if you are driving in Bangkok today.
The Department of Drainage and Sewage reported that flood solution projects are going ahead in Bangkok and should be completed in many areas by the end of May. The projects will definitely help alleviate Bangkok's flooding situation this monsoon season, according to the department.
- Days of torrential rain in S. Korea leave at least 30 dead
- Met Office says torrential rains in Karachi to last till 11pm
- Torrential rain causes flooding in Ho Chi Minh City
- Flash Flooding Hits Plymouth After Torrential Downpour Turns Streets Into Rivers – Video
- Torrential rains kill 23 in Pakistan's Karachi
- Clear-up under way after storms and torrential rain
- Death toll in Pakistan's torrential rains rises to 134
- 3 missing after torrential rains hit SW China
- Heavy rain over 24 hours: 108mm rain in south Mumbai; showers to decrease today
- 10 gov defy rain for Akeredolu as Tinubu says gov has done more than talk
- 10 govs defy rain for Akeredolu as Tinubu says he has done more than talk
- Kerala rains 2020 | Situation grim as rain hits normal life in Malabar
- What IS going on with the weather? UK hit with SNOW in the West Midlands after three days of thunderstorms, lightning and floods (but don't worry, a heatwave is on the way from next week)
- Several areas in MP, UP hit by floods; water level of Yamuna in Delhi expected to recede
- Karachi rains leave dozens dead, paralyse city as PMD forecasts more heavy showers
- Hero Aussie doctor who saved 12 boys from a flooded Thai cave takes you inside his mind as he pumped them full of ketamine to begin daring mission - and reveals the moment he was told he'd go to hellhole Bangkok jail if rescue failed
- Urban flooding — who is responsible for Karachi's woes?
- Virginia heavy rains close roads, prompt evacuations at dams
- Madhya Pradesh floods: 24 dead, 11,000 rescued as rains abate in state
- Death toll from KP rains, floods surges to 29
Flooding in Bangkok after 10 hours of torrential rain have 419 words, post on thethaiger.com at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.