In March 2022, Fast Company reached out to 191 companies with a survey asking about their stance on abortion access, the policies they have in place around abortion care, and how they planned to respond to the forthcoming SCOTUS ruling. Our list of companies included the top 100 largest businesses by revenue, consumer-facing brands with workforces in states with restrictive abortion laws, and some of the largest companies by market cap in all 13 states with trigger bans.
This is part of a series of articles on the business case for abortion access. See the full package here .
The survey was conducted via Google Forms and emailed to people in the PR or communications department at each company. Questions included, Does your employee healthcare policy cover abortion care in states where that is legal?; Have your employees expressed concerns about abortion access and/or the impending Supreme Court decision on abortion?; and, If the Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade , how does your company plan to respond? We asked companies to respond to as many questions as possible, but none of the questions were required. You can see the full list of survey questions here.
We followed up with all the companies at least two more times in March, and again after the Supreme Court leak in early May. Overall, just 15 companies participated: Adobe, Box, Cisco, DoorDash, GoDaddy, Intuit, Johnson & Johnson, Lyft, Patagonia, Reddit, Snap, Uber, Yelp, Zendesk, and Zillow.
An additional 27 companies engaged with our outreach—and in some instances offered statements—but ultimately did not participate in the survey: Airbnb, Amazon, American Express, Archer-Daniels-Midland, Boeing, Bumble, Capital One, Citigroup, Dropbox, General Dynamics, General Motors, Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, Home Depot, JPMorgan, Kroger, Match Group, Micron, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Netflix, Nike, Nvidia, Pinterest, 3M, TIAA, and UnitedHealth Group.
The following 150 companies did not respond at all to repeated queries: Abbott, AbbVie, Albertsons, Allstate, Alphabet, American Airlines, American International Group, AmerisourceBergen, Anthem, Apple, Asana, AT&T, AutoZone, Bank of America, Berkshire Hathaway, Best Buy, Black Hills, Blackbaud, Block, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, Bristol Myers Squibb, Cardinal Health, Carnival, Carvana, Caterpillar, Centene, Charles Schwab, Charter Communications, Chevron, Cigna, Coca-Cola, Coinbase, Comcast, ConocoPhillips, Costco, Cracker Barrel, CVS Health, Deere, Dell Technologies, Delta Air Lines, Dollar General, Dow, EastGroup Properties, eBay, Eli Lilly, Emerson, Energy Transfer, Entergy, Etsy, Exelon, Extra Space Storage, Exxon Mobil, Fannie Mae, FedEx, Fiserv, Ford, Freddie Mac, Freeport-McMoRan, General Electric, Glacier Bancorp, Goldman Sachs, Great Western Bancorp, GrubHub, H&R Block, Harley-Davidson, HCA Healthcare, Health Care Service Corp., Honeywell, HP, Humana, IBM, Instacart, Intel, Kaiser Permanente, Kellogg's, Keurig Dr Pepper, Kohl's, Liberty Mutual, LinkedIn, Lockheed Martin, Lowe's, Marathon Petroleum, Mastercard, McDonald's, McKesson, MDU Resources, Merck, Meta, MetLife, Nationwide, New York Life Insurance, NextEra Energy, Northrop Grumman, Northwestern Mutual, Oracle, Papa John's, Paycom, PayPal, Peloton, PepsiCo, Pfizer, Phillips 66, Procter & Gamble, Progressive, Prudential Financial, Publix, Qualcomm, Qualtrics, Raytheon Technologies, Rite Aid, Roku, Salesforce, Simon Property Group, Slack, Sonoco, SouthState, Southwest Airlines, SpaceX, Starbucks, State Farm, StoneX, Stripe, Stryker, Sysco, Target, Tesla, Texas Instruments, Thermo Fisher Scientific, TJX, Travelers, Twilio, Twitter, Tyson Foods, United Bankshares, United Parcel Service, USAA, Valero Energy, Verizon, Visa, Vulcan Materials, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Walmart, Walt Disney, Waste Management, Wells Fargo, WesBanco, WeWork, Williams, Yum Brands, and Zoom.
- Paid Surveys - Earn $200 Or More While on Vacation!
- Get Paid For Online Surveys? Surveys For Money? 3 Things You Must Know First
- The Truth of Making Money With Online Surveys
- Here's How Everyday People Are Earning Thousands Filling Out Surveys
- Online Paid Survey Websites Review
- How to Get Paid For Surveys - Discover How to Earn Extra Cash For Filling Out Surveys
- Online Survey Companies - How to Make Money Through Them
- Paid Surveys - Find the Highest Paying Survey Sites
- Is it Possible to Get Paid For Surveys? Here's How You Can Earn Cash For Surveys
- Start Getting Paid to Do Online Surveys - Quit Missing Out on Easy Money
- Make Money Taking Surveys Program Review
- Can You Really Make Money Taking Paid Surveys?
- The Most Popular Work at Home - Paid Survey
- Paid Online Survey Companies That Pay You Cash For Your Opinion and Give the Most
- Here's How Real People Are Making Money Filling Out Surveys - Does This Entrepreneurial Idea Work?
- Get Paid to Take Surveys Online Today
- Make Money Easy by Taking Surveys Online
- Who Benefits From Paid Surveys?
- Company Growth - Here Are Some of the Main Strategies
- How Can You Possibly Earn $300 a Month Via Online Paid Surveys!
Fast Company surveys nearly 200 companies about abortion access have 746 words, post on www.fastcompany.com at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.