KUALA LUMPUR (May 18): Country Heights Holdings Bhd (CHHB) informed Bursa Malaysia on Wednesday (May 18) that it was not aware of any corporate development that would have caused the sharp fall in its share price.
The group also stressed that it is in compliance with the Bursa Securities Listing Requirements on immediate disclosure obligations.
CHHB had opened one sen higher at RM1.20 but thereafter inexplicably nosedived on heavy trading volume to 83.5 sen — dropping 35.5 sen or 30% — hitting limit down and triggering an unusual market activity (UMA) query by Bursa Malaysia.
The company is valued at RM247.99 million based on the stock price of 83.5 sen.
In late April this year, the group said it intended to invest about RM250 million in capital expenditure (capex) for the next five years following its partnership with Beijing Wodong Tianjun Information Technology Co Ltd (JD.com) to develop an omnichannel business model in Malaysia.
CHHB managing director Datuk Jared Lim said the group had allocated RM50 million funding for the initial expenditure of the first flagship physical store spanning 150,000 sq ft of retail space on the ground floor of the Mines International Exhibition and Convention Centre (MIECC).
- Trump Blasts London Mayor Sadiq Khan for Saying ‘No Reason to Be Alarmed’ After London Attack
- Maren Morris Says New Album Will Be 'More Grown Up'
- Quentin Tarantino and Uma Thurman: A Magnificent Obsession
- Uma Thurman Breaks Silence On Harvey Weinstein Scandal With Scathing Comment
- Lok Sabha Elections 2019: Uma Bharti stokes controversy, calls Priyanka Gandhi Vadra 'a thief's wife'
- 'There's no reason a child born with cystic fibrosis today can't go on to live a full life'
- Warner Bros. Unveils Lively Footage Of ‘In The Heights’ And Chilling Look At ‘The Conjuring 3’ – CCXP
- International Human Rights Day 2019: 'Stand Up With The Youth' Says The Theme
- Donald Trump says he plans to end 'ridiculous' birthright citizenship with an executive order because 'You walk over the border, have a baby, congratulations – the baby is now a U.S. citizen'
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan has become people’s movement, says Rajnath
- NYPD officers say they were ordered by top cop to target blacks and Latinos for minor subway offenses and told to ignore 'soft targets' like whites and Asians
- His hug of forgiveness shocked the country. Yet he still won't watch the video from that moment
- African countries are struggling to build robust identity systems
- Ken Burns: Inside the Filmmaker’s Epic ‘Country Music’ Series
- The real reasons Australia can’t get its climate change policy right
- Ukraine says it's ready to accept 'reasonable compromise' on conflict
- The real reasons why our power prices are going up
- The Mavericks Say a Founding Member Has Been Fired for Drug Addiction
- Police investigating the death of Harley Watson, 12, in a horror hit-and-run say a car mounting a pavement at a nearby school on the same day was not linked
- Traffic safety awareness campaign kicks off
Country Heights says not aware of reason for UMA have 476 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.