An explosion at a Maryland nail salon injured seven people on Monday after a man allegedly ran into the back of the building and started a fire, the New York Post reported Tuesday.
Police stated that a man suffering from emotional distress who was known to the salon staff ran into the back of Libra Nails and Spa, located in Baltimore County, Maryland , and allegedly started a fire prior to the explosion, according to the NYP. In total four police officers, two emergency medical personnel and one civilian were injured in the blast, the outlet reported.
Police said the first responders caught by the blast were hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries, according to the NYP. The civilian suspected to have caused the explosion was seriously injured, the outlet reported. (RELATED: Fireball In BYU Dorm: Student Causes Explosion With Homemade Rocket Fuel)
#bcofd BUILDING FIRE W/ HAZMAT | 1700 blk Rolling Rd #WindsorMill | CMD advises fire under control | Minor explosion has sent 4 police officers, 2 EMS providers and 1 civilian to the hospitals | PIO at Octapharma 1700 Rolling Rd. DT2137 ^TF pic.twitter.com/OWlbGY1Vw7
— Baltimore County Fire Department (@BaltCoFire) May 17, 2022
The civilian who allegedly caused the explosion was a former employee of Libra Nails and Spa, fire officials told the Baltimore Sun. Det. John Connor of the Baltimore County Police told the Baltimore Sun that the civilian's "exact intentions are unclear at this time."
First responders initially arrived at the scene in response to a disturbance call that the civilian would not leave the salon, according to the Sun. Connor said the individual grew increasingly distressed and desired help from the emergency medical personnel, the outlet reported.
Criminal charges are pending against the civilian, according to the Sun.
The Baltimore County Police Department did not immediately respond to The Daily Caller News Foundation's request for comment.
Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected] .
- Fury as the Government simply tells people flying home from Asian countries to 'call NHS 111 if you feel ill' after THIRD travel-related coronavirus case flies into UK from Singapore as ministers face calls to screen ALL travellers at airports
- 22 Dead, 120 Injured, Youngest Victim Eight Years Old After ‘Suicide Bomb’ at UK Ariana Grande Concert
- Seconds from SAVAGERY: Streatham terrorist Sudesh Amman's final moments before he knifed two people in horrific street attack then police shot him dead are caught on CCTV
- Revealed: Fresh evidence including suspects' names that could nail the IRA honeytrap gang that lured three British soldiers to their deaths
- Illegal teeth-whitening is leaving people with ‘horror burns and missing teeth’
- The rescue worker who refuses to leave a bombed-out town
- Airliner skids, breaks open in Istanbul, leaving 3 dead, 179 injured
- Thailand shooting spree at Terminal 21 Korat shopping centre leaves 20 dead, gunman killed by security forces
- 'As guilty as if he'd detonated bomb himself': Murder trial of Manchester Arena bomber's brother begins as jury hears he 'tested materials to cause 'maximum harm' when sibling killed 22 in explosion at Ariana Grande gig'
- Harvey Weinstein jokes that jurors were looking 'at Playboy' after naked pictures of the disgraced mogul were shown in court following rape accuser Jessica Mann's explosive testimony that he looked like a burns victim with no testicles
- ACE train line to be running Wednesday following mudslide crash
- 20 Underrated Performances Emmy Voters Shouldn’t Ignore
- In a ‘Different Realm,’ Bernie Sanders Takes the Caucus
- ‘Could he actually win?’ Dave Eggers at a Donald Trump rally
- Arabic email linked to brother of Manchester Arena bomber translated into 'we have come to slaughter' and was used on Amazon to buy chemicals for attack that killed 22, court hears
- Hiroshima’s fate, 70 years ago this week, must not be forgotten
- FMIA Week 14: How George Kittle and the ‘Choice’ Route Helped Lift 49ers Over Saints in the Game of the Year
- Iowa Democratic results will not be known for HOURS as fiasco deepens with party admitting they have 'inconsistencies' in the count and are using paper ballots after denying they were HACKED
- FMIA Week 12: Why Dominant, Deep 49ers Might Be NFL’s Scariest Team
- Soho stories: celebrating six decades of sex, drugs and rock’n’roll
Catastrophic Explosion At Nail Salon Leaves Seven People Injured In Baltimore County have 700 words, post on dailycaller.com at May 17, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.