Singapore ● Tue, January 18 2022
Air Force Chief of Staff Air Chief Marshal Fadjar Prasetyo recently announced Indonesia's decision to drop Su-35 fighters from consideration in favor of the Dassault Rafale and/or Boeing F-15EX as suitable candidates to replace the Air Force's retired F-5 jet fighters.
Indonesia and Russia reportedly inked a contract to purchase 11 Su-35 fighters worth US$ 1.1 billion in 2018. However, several issues hindered contract implementation, subsequently delaying the procurement and slowing the Air Force's defense modernization under the Minimum Essential Force (MEF) program.
The shift has both short and long-term implications not only for Jakarta's defense capabilities development but also regional dynamics.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- What exactly is a Queen Anne Victorian?
- Dell Inspiron 15 7000 vs. Dell XPS 15
- Makeup artist, 20, creates $15 false eyelashes that can last for MONTHS without needing to be replaced - and she made $100,000 in 14 days after her website launched
- Five Vietnamese winners of People’s Choice Award through years
- Coronavirus can stay on plastic for 72 hours and why keeping two metres apart might not be enough: What scientists have learned about the deadly bug during pandemic
- Dell XPS 15 (2013) review
- What is Hulu + Live TV?
- 5 things to know for April 15: Coronavirus, WHO, South Korea, health, Notre Dame
- Relief money is coming - for some. Here's what to know.
- Shift from sports to medical gear keeps RI company open
- New iPad Pro review: A minor upgrade with intriguing implications
- He could have seen what was coming: Behind Trump’s failure on the virus
- He could have seen what was coming: How Trump ignored the virus warnings
- 'Shut the F*** up': What one sailor shouted when Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly flew to Guam and told fired aircraft carrier's captain's crew their hero 'was too naive or too stupid to be a commanding officer'
- Walmart Top Brass Implicated in Mexican Subsidiary’s Bribery Scandal
- What Would Le Carré’s Master Spy Think of Trump and Russia?
- Why the Nuggets' priorities will be put to the test in what will be a critical offseason
- What does healing the Brexit divide mean?
- What are your worst fears: Lockdown or open the economy?
- After Its Disturbing Election Day, What Happens Next in Wisconsin?
What’s behind RI’s choice of F-15, Rafale and its implications have 419 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 18, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.