British singer Adele receives her award for British Album of the Year at the BRIT Awards at the O2 arena in London, Britain, February 24, 2016. (REUTERS)
A tearful and apologetic Adele on Thursday postponed a series of Las Vegas concerts due to start on Friday because half her crew was sick with COVID-19 and the pandemic has caused delivery delays.
The British superstar had been scheduled to start a three-month residence at the Caesars Palace Hotel in what were to be her first live appearances since 2017.
"We've tried absolutely everything that we can to put it together in time. And for it to be good enough for you. But we've been absolutely destroyed by delivery delays and COVID. Half my crew, half my team are down with COVID. They still are. And it's been impossible to finish the show," Adele said in a video posted on Instagram.
Saying she was "sorry" eight times in a 92-second message, especially for people who had traveled to Las Vegas for the show, Adele said the delays prevented her from perfecting the show to her standards and she promised to reschedule.
"I'm going to finish my show and I'm going to get it to where it's supposed to be," she said.
The shows were to follow her latest album "30," which debuted at No.1 in 30 countries in November.
Concert residencies in Las Vegas have become a major attraction in the recent years for musicians who do not wish to travel extensively.
Celine Dion, Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood, Usher, Barry Manilow and Shania Twain are among the top acts to have recently scheduled multiple concert dates in Las Vegas.
The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
- Billboard Awards 2022: Megan Thee Stallion shows her curves in halter top and miniskirt in Las Vegas
- Column: Las Vegas is open again, but it’s a different experience for sports bettors
- Adele could sell her two West London mansions after snapping up £47m Hollywood home with boyfriend Rich Paul
- Nurse in tears after being scammed out of £117,000 by her best friend
- Sophie Turner expects to 'show signs of trauma' after filming Game of Thrones scenes at 13
- 75th Cannes film fest ready to party as COVID-19 rules end
- American Idol sparks reaction with news concerning future of the show ahead of semi-finals - details
- Little Mix break down in tears between songs at farewell gig before split
- Column: A crazy week for the Chicago White Sox shows off the many moods of manager Tony La Russa
- Eric Clapton, 76, cancels shows due to falling sick with Covid-19 after calling vaccines ‘mass hypnosis’
- BBC star shares upsetting Covid news – explains absence from show
- Eric Clapton Tests Positive For COVID-19, Cancels Shows | The Daily Wire
- Covid-19 knocked back New Plymouth fight night, making it 'the best'
- Queen Elizabeth II news – Monarch shows competitive side cheering on jockeys after making rare appearance at Horse Show
- Billboard Music Awards 2022: Doja Cat shocks in $110 gold pasties with her topless black Schiaparelli gown
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker Got Married ‘With No License’
- Netflix sets May 20 premiere date for Shahid Kapoor-starrer 'Jersey'
- Grammy Winners: Jon Batiste & Silk Sonic Top Night — Complete List
- The city is full of guilty cake-eaters just doing what we can to get by
- Ben Affleck looks dapper in a black suit on a lunch date with fiancee Jennifer Lopez and her mother in Malibu
Tearful Adele postpones Las Vegas shows due to COVID delays have 611 words, post on entertainment.inquirer.net at January 21, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.