KUALA LUMPUR (Jan 25): It was a stroke of bad luck as five vehicles parked at Jalan LP 1A/2 Lestari Perdana, Serdang near here were damaged as the ground beneath the cliff it stood on gave way on Tuesday (Jan 25) afternoon.
Assistant Superintendent II of the Serdang Fire and Rescue station Saharudin Abdul Razak said it received a report on the incident of apparent soil subsidence at about 6.38pm, but it did not involve any victims.
According to him, the five vehicles were parked in front of a car workshop and the distance between the cliff that started to collapse and the workshop was seven metres.
“The rain at the time of the incident caused the drain to burst and the five cars sank to a depth of five to six metres.
“Following that, the area was cordoned off to the public before the matter was handed over to the Subang Jaya Municipal Council for further action,” he told Bernama when contacted.
Saharudin said a landslip had occurred in the area in 2017, which was about 50m from the site of Tuesday's incident.
- Kenya: Flood Waters Wash Away Vehicles, Leave Trail of Destruction
- Watch: Motorists assess damage to cars as downpour hits islands on first day of summer
- Neglected Salmiya loses shine, roads damaged, garbage aplenty
- Reliving Hurricane Katrina through the eyes of 10 people on the Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Teachers unions reel at court decision curbing political clout
- Mumbai rain: Late trains, traffic snarls, water, scary wall collapse, et al.
- Mumbai rain: Deaths, traffic snarls, late trains, water, wall collapse, et al.
- Anand Mahindra to TUV300 owner
- Storms wash out roads in Upper Peninsula
- This is the second-worst time of year for deer accidents. Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable, and body shops are busy.
- Grim upside for the Keys this hurricane season — thanks to Irma, there's less to lose
- Minister visits rain hit areas in D-K; schools closed
- Playbook: Trump flubs endorsement of N.Y. congressman
- A tragedy in the making as the US confronts China
- Full transcript: Pod Save America’s Dan Pfeiffer on Recode Media
- Kenya: Heavy Rains Expected From Monday
- Flash flooding forces evacuations in southwest Michigan
- City of Seattle cannot abandon critical Magnolia Bridge
- Israel targets Gaza militant’s car, rockets launched into Israel: army
- Senate farm bill stalled by Rubio's Cuba crusade
Subsidence in Lestari Perdana, five vehicles damaged have 372 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.