Jakarta ● Wed, January 26, 2022
The heading of this article was taken from the book From Third World to First: The Story of Singapore 1965-2000 , the memoir of the late Lee Kuan Yew, the father of Singaporean Prime Minister Hsien Loong, who met with President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo on Bintan Island on Tuesday to witness the historic signing of three agreements on defense cooperation, extradition and flight information region (FIR) concerns.
Speaking at a joint press conference, President Jokowi said, "Going forward, we hope that the cooperation in law enforcement, aviation safety, as well as the defense and security of the two countries will continue to be strengthened based on the principle of mutual benefit.”
PM Lee expressed confidence that "these agreements take into account both parties’ interests, represent a good balance of benefits, are durable agreements for the long haul designed to last for at least a generation and create a solid foundation to move bilateral relations forward with confidence and trust".
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Our neighbor Singapore
- Indonesia tells ASEAN’s special Myanmar envoy to start inclusive dialogue
- Indonesia signs deal with France to buy 6 Rafale warplanes
You might also like :
- Indian farmer, 70, has a THREE-INCH long parasitic worm removed from his eye 'after it entered his blood through a dog bite 12 years ago'
- Singapore Film Festival to Reflect South East Asian Spirit of Cooperation
- Home-made broths to treat malaria? Scientists test vegetable and meat-based soups brought in by London schoolchildren and find they can halt the life cycle of killer malarial parasite
- Malaysia PM says to regain airspace delegated to Singapore in stages
- How Singapore Is Shaping Asia's Digital Future
- Malaysia, Singapore reach agreement on settling airspace dispute
- Tick-borne parasite found in Scottish sheep in UK first
- Samsung inks partnership with Singapore furnishing brand Commune to retail its Premium TVs
- Interview: Singapore-China cooperation to grow despite trend of anti-globalization: Singapore deputy PM
- Woman born with 20 toes, 12 fingers says neighbors call her a 'witch'
- Neighbors are using these smart cameras to track strangers’ cars — and yours
- Health-Conscious Neighbors Are Good For You
- Indonesia seals off 30 companies over forest fires
- Financial architecture as the underpinning for BIMSTEC policy
- Try crab curry from Sri Lanka that’s exploding with flavors
- F&N hands in 15th registration to increase Vinamilk holding
- From air purifiers to work-from-home, Delhi companies help staff deal with toxic air
- Graft claim roils Kuwait's government as ministers removed
- What UK startups make of the shocking Brexit vote
- Malaria: Causes, Symptoms & Treatment
Singapore is not a parasite dependent only on its neighbors have 476 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 26, 2022. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.